This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Close Form

I can do this myself when I get Commentics somewhat figured out and know where it needs to go, but it might be nice to put it in the code and admin:

A clickable link to close the form.

I have just installed the system and really like it, but it's on a content-laden page with stuff underneath it.

Hi,

There's an option in Layout -> Form -> General to initially hide the form with a link to open it.

I think what you're asking is for the form to be initially open with a link to close it?

Have you completed the interview?

(14-Nov-2013, 12:42 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

There's an option in Layout -> Form -> General to initially hide the form with a link to open it.

I think what you're asking is for the form to be initially open with a link to close it?

No, what I'm looking for is a link that will close the form after it is opened. In other words, when the "Open Form" link is clicked, I want to unhide a Close Form element with the property onclick="cmtx_close_form()".

My real problem is that I've never used a complex system with constants and such complex cross-inclusion like this. In other words, for instance, I see where the default function is located on line 370 of template/form.php but I don't know where to find the elements cmtx_open_form and cmtx_hide_form. Another example, I see the if clause that controls the default and the event handler, beginning line 406, but I don't know where CMTX_OPEN_FORM is defined.

If this were a simple php page with a .js include, I'd be fine to do it myself. I'm just not used to reading scripts at this high of a level.

The code is so nice and neat and well-commented, I'm embarrassed to ask. You've done a really nice job with this. I have no ambitions as a coder though. I spend most of my time creating content and just learned enough code to do my own thing. This is really only the second time I've installed third-party software and used it, the other being WordPress, and all I do with that is make changes directly onto the css file.

Anyway, Thanks for this nice program. It's been a big hit with my readers so far.

Thanks, I'm pleased you like the script.

I'll see if I can add a hide form link for the next version.

Have you completed the interview?

(19-Nov-2013, 09:45 PM)Steven Wrote:  Thanks, I'm pleased you like the script.

I had some time over the weekend to read the code. I bet I beat you to it.

If I do one I'll post it for critique. There are a couple of other things I'd like to do (or figure out, since they might already be in there somewhere).

(19-Nov-2013, 09:45 PM)Steven Wrote:  Thanks, I'm pleased you like the script.

Hi Steven - firstly thanks for great script. Much appreciated.

Just uploaded 2.5 and can't see it in there - did it get added? Would love to be able to close form after comment submitted.

Paul

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by aaddllii
11-Aug-2010, 07:00 PM