This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

have I misconfigured something?

Hello,

Silly little issue, but I can't seem to find the relevant setting in the admin places. When I try and reply to a comment the scroll sends me to the wrong place, ie above the comments rather than to the form. Anyone know what I need to change, please?

Example at http://extreme-macro.co.uk/nikon-10x-objective/

Thank you

Hi,

If you view the source code of your page, the following line is just before what should be the first line of Commentics:

Code:
<a name="cmtx_form"></a>

I think you must have altered the code because it shouldn't be up there.

You'll need to remove that, then open /comments/includes/template/form.php and make sure the following is in the file:

Code:
<h3 class="cmtx_form_heading">
<a id="<?php echo str_ireplace("#", "", CMTX_ANCHOR_FORM); ?>"></a>
<?php echo CMTX_FORM_HEADING; ?>
</h3>

Download and take a look at a fresh copy of the file if it's not there.

If you want to remove the heading but keep the anchor then changing it to this should work:

Code:
<div id="cmtx_form"></div>

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks Steven, so form.php echoes it into the right place. For some reason I seem to have commented it out and plonked it in all those pages manually, I think it was so that people saw and went to their comment after submit rather than the top of the page. But it turns out it messes the scrolling. Hm, need to rethink that Smile

I'm guessing that I could change #cmtx_form in language\english\form.php to someOtherName and use <div id="someOtherName"></div>

hm didn't work, needs another think