This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

hreview-aggregate?

Was just wondering, I have 18 or so pages with scores but they're not appearing. I know Google restricted this recently so maybe my site isn't worthy, but I notice at the bottom of the structured data page in google wmt that...:

"Google could not find any instances of http%3A%2F%2Fmicroformats.org%2Fprofile%2Fhreview-aggregate on your site."

Does this make a difference to them being shown? Is it something that can be pulled out of commentics ratings using sql?

Thanks

Hi Johan,

Did you check the source code of your page to see whether the mark-up is added? Post a link if you're not sure how to check.

It might be worth double checking that you have both the 'Average Rating' and the 'Topic' enabled in Layout -> Comments -> Enabled, and obviously that the Rich Snippets is enabled in Settings -> Rich Snippets.

Have you completed the interview?

Thank you Steven,

I doublechecked and had everything enabled in the outer area but not rating itself, so enabled that. I'm guessing that's just to show individual ratings but maybe Google wants to see it Smile According to google wmt structured data testing tool it's all good, but it's not actually showing in the index Smile. example page -- http://extreme-macro.co.uk/anybrand-mpe-65mm/

Yeah the rating setting in Layout -> Comments -> Enabled is just to display the individual ratings inside each comment and doesn't affect the rich snippets at all. If you disable the rating setting there then the rich snippets should still work.

The testing tool says that the page you linked to is fine so that's all you can do really. Whether it actually displays or not in the search engine results listing is up to Google's algorithm and outside of your control. If the testing tool says everything is okay then I think all you can do is cross your fingers.

Have you completed the interview?

Yeah, that's prettymuch what I was thinking. My hunch is it won't ever show just because G seems to me changing which sites it chooses to display it for, and probably want to use this for user comments on products. Shame.

I was wrong, they've all started to appear now, which is nice. The hierarchy seems to be:

> top: Rating submitted: G shows ratings stars and author line
> medium: No rating submitted yet so G shows author pic instead
> bottom: G considers page not suitable for either ratings star or author pic so just shows author line

I never used snippets before last year but from personal experience it is perfectly possible to achieve the top 'category' with even a relatively new site. Mine was launched Nov '13, I have author pic for every page and had them since the launch, and on some I now have stars instead (ie where there are pages so people have rated). Most of the stars pages just have 1 rating so it's nothing to do with quantity or age.