This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

can't log in after crash

My web hosting had a powercut, but when I try and log in all it gives me when I submit form is blank form again. Any idea what to do? I reset password and submitted that one, but same problem.

Thanks

Hello,

have looked for a solution and found http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthre...ight=login

uploaded at http://extreme-macro.co.uk/phpinfo.php

I can't log in at all, do I need to delte something, clear cookies, anything?

Thank you

ok, just fyi. Steven you sent me an alternative copy of auth.php which has some debug in it, when I tried to use this to debug this problem I got:

Code:

Login Username:  
Password:  

Lost your details?

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp//sess_edsel3htfs9mp3v4raqkcavtj6, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp/) in Unknown on line 0

I'm putting it back to the non debug one now, but does this tell you something that I can say to my webhosting company? I suspect they've made some booboo when the started up all the servers etc after the powercut, some ready write thing?

Thank you

This was the output when I tried to login using the debug version:

Code:
OK1
OK2
OK3
OK4
OK5
OK6
OK7
OK8
OK9
OK10

Warning: session_write_close(): open(/tmp//sess_dslh9scvi7a66bj8qgfs124qf4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/comments/j0hanadmin/includes/auth.php on line 107

Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp/) in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/comments/j0hanadmin/includes/auth.php on line 107
OK11
OK12
OK13
OK14
OK15
OK16

Hi Johan,

Tell your host that the session.save_path should be "/tmp" and not "/tmp/".

Have you completed the interview?

Also tell them to make sure that the /tmp folder has sufficient write permissions.

Give them the error message below so they know what the problem is.

Quote:Warning: session_write_close(): open(/tmp//sess_dslh9scvi7a66bj8qgfs124qf4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/plat-linnas01/e/extreme-macro.co.uk/user/htdocs/comments/j0hanadmin/includes/auth.php on line 107

Thank you Steven,

It seems something was changed during the power outage and subsequent reboot and I even sent in the error log that proves this. This error starts as soon as it rebooted.

The line I keep getting back though is 'we now can't just change it because it might affect other sites'. The problem is they were happy to change it and let it affect my site.
Is the /tmp/ reference changeable somewhere in the script to make it work?

Yes you can change it at runtime. Add the following above the session_start() line in /comments/admin/index.php

PHP Code:
<?php 
ini_set
('session.save_path', '/tmp');
session_save_path('/tmp');

That should correct the location. I think only your host can set the write permissions.

Also, just to rule it out, did you try clearing your cookies and restarting your browser?

Thanks Steven, appreciated. Obviously won't work till they fix the perms thing.