This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Customisation requested (paid)

Hello,

My skillset doesn't include SQL, and I'm after some functionality that I should imagine might be relatively trivial for someone to make but would take me quite long to figure out

What I'm looking for is this, a way to spit out a list of the last N changed pages on the whole site, based on the save time against the file, with the ability to exclude specific directories. To be able to have a "pages updated" site panel, using the page description in commentics. Something that checks hourly or is randomly page-initiated to check. So no changes to the admin panel.

Anyone interested?

Thank you

All I think it would require is, I believe, another column in the 'pages' table, 'filedate', and some sane way of updating it (maybe manually?) and an example of how to extract. This table already stored when the page was first made. £50 if anyone is interested.

Did it myself.

Basically, added an extra column to pages, made comments.php write in last save time for each page and then output it on the homepage. It's at http://extreme-macro.co.uk/ (down at the bottom right) if you want to have a look.

I get a lot of people visiting the homepage who want to know what's new or updated, so this gets them that information. Together with 'most popular recently (also taken from commentics), they're quite effective ways of getting people looking at more pages.