This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Deleting Comments in phpMyAdmin not deleting comment on page.

Hi all,
To start, Commentics rocks.
Now,
I am noticing that when I log into my phpMyAdmin to delete a comment, it will not delete from the page. But when I go in through the Commentics Admin panel and delete it, it will delete.

The reason I ask is, my site has tens of thousands of comments and often the Commentics Admin portal will take quite some time to load and I can access the comments efficiently through phpMyAdmin. Am I missing something? It just seems a comment removed from phpMyAdmin would be removed from the page as well.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

J

Hi,

If you delete the comment in phpMyAdmin then yes it should delete it from the page. The most obvious reason that I can think of is that it's not the same database. The only other reasons I can think of are that it's not deleting it (it might appear to but make sure afterwards that it's gone) or it's a caching issue (not likely). I'm not sure what features you have enabled on your site but if you use the like/dislike and flag features then it's important to delete the comment using the admin panel because it will also delete its corresponding data from the other database tables. If you have one of the more recent version of Commentics then you'll have a 'Limit Comments' setting in 'Settings -> System' which might help with the loading times.

Have you completed the interview?

Thank you for your always quick and informative replies. It means the world. I will look into my database creations and see if I have my wires crossed somewhere (which would not be a shock Smile

J

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toeb
17-Oct-2021, 07:55 PM
Last Post by Steven
06-Aug-2021, 06:50 PM
Last Post by Steven
27-Jul-2021, 07:12 PM
Last Post by Steven
13-Aug-2020, 12:36 PM
Last Post by clixcity