This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

comment box appearance

I have successfully upgraded to 2.5. Thanks a lot.  I want to add a text label with like button as u did with reply and flag button. How can i do that? + I dont want flag,like and reply button images in the comment box. How can i remove them?  I don't want a permalink in my comment box. How can i delete that? + How can i change the colour of comment box?

Thanks a lot for ur support.

Can somebody please reply?

You can disable the Permalink in 'Layout -> Comments -> Enabled'.

To change the background colour of the comment boxes, edit the background-color value in the stylesheet (upload/css/default.css) (around line 211):

Code:
.cmtx_comment_box_1, .cmtx_comment_box_2, .cmtx_reply_box_1, .cmtx_reply_box_2, .cmtx_admin_comment_box_1, .cmtx_admin_comment_box_2, .cmtx_admin_reply_box_1, .cmtx_admin_reply_box_2 {
  background-color: #fff8dc;
  border-color: #a1a1a1 #888888 #888888 #a1a1a1;
  border-style: solid;
  border-width: 1px;
  box-shadow: 3px 3px 5px #888888;
  overflow: hidden;
  padding: 5px;
}

For your other changes, they sound similar to the answer I provided to you in 2012. Try to follow those instructions again, bearing in mind that the code might be slightly different now.

https://www.commentics.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=701

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks a lot.

in the comments.php, i replaced the line 389 with

$cmtx_box .= '<a class="cmtx_vote cmtx_like" href="' . cmtx_url_encode(cmtx_current_page()) . '" id="cmtx_like_' . $id . '" title="' . CMTX_TITLE_LIKE . '" rel="nofollow">Like ' . $likes . '</a>';

and in vote.php , line 121 with

echo 'Like ' . $likes;

after changing this, the counter for the no. of likes is not increasing on the page. Please help

When i am trying to remove the image for flag tag , i replaced the line 379 in comments.php with this

$cmtx_box .= '<a class="cmtx_flag" href="' . cmtx_url_encode(cmtx_current_page()) . '" id="cmtx_flag_' . $id . '" title="' . CMTX_TITLE_FLAG . '" rel="nofollow"> . CMTX_FLAG . '</a>';

I am getting an error message:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /public_html/comments/includes/functions/comments.php on line 379 - See more at: http://www.amitgoyal.co.uk/patientreview...NY9g4.dpuf

I couldn't locate what to change in flag.php, please reply

One more favour- how can i change the label 'flag' to 'report' in comments box? Thanks

Hi Steven, I was just wondering if you had the chance to look at my queries. Thanks

If you use the 'Tool -> Text Finder' feature then it will show you the exact line to change. [More Info]

I'll try to look at the other things this weekend.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks a lot. With the help of your instructions, I changed the text 'flag' to 'report'.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kiyaaz
12-Aug-2020, 03:12 PM
Last Post by Vaiolet12
14-Sep-2017, 11:44 AM
Last Post by mariank
31-Dec-2013, 05:49 PM
Last Post by mariank
30-Dec-2013, 11:34 AM
Last Post by 2hands
28-Jun-2012, 02:10 AM