This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Auto-pruning old comments and instant approval link via email

I have two requests if not already there.

1. The ability to automatically remove old comments. Let's say I only want to keep the most recent 100 comments on the site. If there are more, older comments will be automatically removed. 

2. I got email notifications of new comments every day. I wish there are direct links by which I can instantly approve the comment or trash it. Right now, I can only click on a link to open the admin panel, login and the scroll through the comments to approve or trash. That's a lot of clicks to go through on a daily basis.

Hi sfcheng,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. It's currently already possible to automatically delete old comments. However you configure it using a date by saying you want to delete comments older than say 365 days, rather than entering a maximum number of comments. It's in 'Tasks -> Delete Comments'. Does this suit your needs or would you still prefer for it to work how you've requested?

2. I think this would be a good feature. I'll add it to the roadmap.

Have you completed the interview?

Steve, Thanks a lot for your response. Pruning by limiting the number of comments would make more sense than limiting by age. Some pages would have a comment per day while some other pages would have a comment per week.

(10-Apr-2016, 12:51 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi sfcheng,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. It's currently already possible to automatically delete old comments. However you configure it using a date by saying you want to delete comments older than say 365 days, rather than entering a maximum number of comments. It's in 'Tasks -> Delete Comments'. Does this suit your needs or would you still prefer for it to work how you've requested?

2. I think this would be a good feature. I'll add it to the roadmap.

Steven, about the second feature - I've already done this on current version. Just let me know if you need the code Smile

Sure I may add it in and it'd be useful to others in the meantime.

Have you completed the interview?

(25-Apr-2016, 07:20 PM)Steven Wrote:  Sure I may add it in and it'd be useful to others in the meantime.

Just add pull request: https://github.com/commentics/commentics-v2.4/pulls 
Hope it'll be useful.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shubnigg
25-Jan-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post by alkrav
31-Jul-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post by Steven
29-Mar-2015, 09:14 PM
Last Post by Hootie81
01-Oct-2014, 08:55 PM