This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

'This account is locked' message

While trying to log into my admin panel from my tablet I got the password wrong several times - I now receive the message 'This account is locked. when I try to on in on my PC. Huh

I can''t find any mention of this using the forum search function - how do I unlock it or is it time related? Confused

It does this as a last resort security precaution when someone gets the password wrong 10 times on a specific account (i.e. they get the username right but the password wrong). The only way to unlock it is in your database, using something like phpMyAdmin. You'll need to find your admin account's row in the 'admins' database table and change the value in the 'login_attempts' column to '0'.

Have you completed the interview?

(03-Jun-2016, 10:09 PM)Steven Wrote:  It does this as a last resort security precaution when someone gets the password wrong 10 times on a specific account (i.e. they get the username right but the password wrong). The only way to unlock it is in your database, using something like phpMyAdmin. You'll need to find your admin account's row in the 'admins' database table and change the value in the 'login_attempts' column to '0'.

Thanks Steven

I have managed to find the phpMyAdmin tool and locate the entry you mention

[Image: phpMyAdmin.PNG]

And how to modify it
[Image: phpMyAdmin2.PNG]

But nothing has changed after saving, I am still locked out.

Any other ideas please?

Sorry, I wasn't notified of your reply for some reason. It looks like you're modifying the structure of the table. You need to be in the 'Browse' tab. Please see screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have you completed the interview?

(07-Jun-2016, 05:51 PM)Steven Wrote:  Sorry, I wasn't notified of your reply for some reason. It looks like you're modifying the structure of the table. You need to be in the 'Browse' tab. Please see screenshot.

Thanks for getting back to me - I realised that I was looking in the wrong place when I read the answer about a guy not being able to login after an install and how to go about changing his password in the MyPHPAdmin window.

I eventually found the right window and changed the   'login_attempts' column to '0'. I did however have to do a password reset request before it let me in... whew, I don't want to do this too often.

THanks for the help. looking forward to version 3.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Take
19-Aug-2011, 07:47 PM