This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

You are already subscribed error message

Hello all,
I just installed this great script and I like what I've seen so far. My problem is a recurrent but unpredictable error message I keep getting without any apparent pattern sometimes when I try to submit a new comment. The message is:

There was an issue with your subscription. You are already subscribed.

I am doing the testing on my development pc and I created a couple of fictitious visitors for the purpose. Please help.

Hi,

When you try to submit a comment and you get that error, it means that the email address you entered is already subscribed to that page, so you can't subscribe again. If you delete the subscription in Manage -> Subscribers then you will be able to subscribe again.

Related FAQ:
http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...?article=7

Have you completed the interview?

Thank you Steven (and for the link too)
So, what would be the best way by which a subscriber can post more than once on the same page? You know, say there is fresh info to post or a reply to a reply, etc while desiring to remain subscribed? How can it be done seemlessly (automatically)
Thank you again.

At the moment, the subscriber would need to make sure that the "Notify me of new comments via email" checkbox is deselected when they post. But I can understand how this might be frustrating to have to deselect it every time and that a more seamless way would be better. How would you like it to work? I can think of a few options:

If the person is already subscribed then:
  • The checkbox is not displayed
  • The checkbox is displayed but disabled
  • The checkbox is displayed but "Notify me of new comments via email" is strikethrough
  • The checkbox is displayed but it says "You are already subscribed to this page"
  • The checkbox is displayed as normal

.. and the script ignores the subscribe request.

Thanks again. For now, one has to endure the cumbersome approach (small price for the great benefits of the script) though it would really be nice to have a seamless alternative via displaying a disabled checkbox. In addition to achieving the goal, it also maintains a consistent appearance.

I agree, it should be disabled. I'll change this for the next version.

One work-around in the meantime could be to have it deselected as default.
(Layout -> Form -> Defaults)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
07-Jan-2015, 08:43 PM
Last Post by Take
19-Aug-2011, 07:47 PM
Last Post by Norbs
14-Jun-2011, 05:21 AM