This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Manage Comments

Hi All,

I have been using Commentics for a few months now... a great system.

I am now getting a few comments which i respond to (resolve). For now we want to keep the existing comments, as the information is useful to other readers.

Is there a way to manage the comments in the admin... maybe mark the ones that we have been responded to in some way.... or filter them somehow to only see comments without replies. I imagine that as we get more comments it will be difficult to identify which comments have been responded to and which require attention. Is there any features i could use that i dont know about in Commentics, any plugins i could use or does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this....

Thanks in advance.

Hi bepo,

Do you reply on the frontend like other users or by using the edit comment page?

What version of Commentics are you using?

Have you completed the interview?

(16-Nov-2016, 08:00 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi bepo,

Do you reply on the frontend like other users or by using the edit comment page?

What version of Commentics are you using?

Hi Steven,

I reply on the front end. I am using  Commentics  v2.5.

I looked at the changelog for v3 but couldn't see anything that mentioned this change in v3 (although i easily could have missed something)

In Commentics v3 it says how many replies the comment has but it's on the Edit Comment page. It doesn't give that information on the Manage Comments page. To display it there would require modifying the code. If you're going to modify the code though, it'd be better to do a solution which fits your site's needs where for example each comment could have a Status like Resolved or Waiting. That wouldn't take much longer.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
23-Nov-2022, 11:01 AM
Last Post by Steven
10-Jan-2017, 12:56 PM
Last Post by Steven
14-Aug-2013, 04:07 PM