This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Reinstalling an old version - DB question

Wow! This site has really grown. I have version 1.2 (yes, I'm that old). I'd like to reinstall (don't have the time to upgrade right now) my 1.2 and use my existing DB. I don't remember exactly how difficult the install was, back then, but I'm thinking a reinstall with old DB must be pretty straight forward.

Yes - No ?

Your thoughts and experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wow you're right, that's an old version! About 7 years to be exact. So you just want a fresh set of files and to keep your database. That should be straight forward. You can download v1.2 again from the main site by going to 'Download -> Old Versions' in the menu. It's a long time since I looked at that version but I'd think it would just be a case of deleting all the files (do a backup first) and replacing them with the fresh files. You'll want to enter your database details in /includes/db/connect.php and add your email signature in the /includes/emails/ files. I can't think of anything else but let me know if you have any issues.

Have you completed the interview?

(19-Jun-2017, 08:16 PM)Steven Wrote:  Wow you're right, that's an old version! About 7 years to be exact. So you just want a fresh set of files and to keep your database. That should be straight forward. You can download v1.2 again from the main site by going to 'Download -> Old Versions' in the menu. It's a long time since I looked at that version but I'd think it would just be a case of deleting all the files (do a backup first) and replacing them with the fresh files. You'll want to enter your database details in /includes/db/connect.php and add your email signature in the /includes/emails/ files. I can't think of anything else but let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks for the quick reply, Steven. I'll get on it. BTW, it ran perfectly for 6-1/2 years. A couple of months ago, it just fell apart. I'm sure I messed something up, just could never find out what it was.

Take care,

Tom

Got it up and running. Just had to rem this out:

<?php
/*
if (mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SHOW TABLES LIKE '".$mysql_table_prefix."comments'"))) {
echo "<span class='fail'>";
echo "The programme appears to have already been installed.";
echo "</span>";
die();
}
*/
?>

Your code didn't try to recreate the db tables so all was well.

Thanks again.

BTW: does the DB schema stay the same for some of the newer updates?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
14-Aug-2020, 08:22 AM
Last Post by Steven
06-Jul-2020, 09:58 AM
Last Post by Steven
17-Mar-2015, 06:25 PM