This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Admin Detection not working with SSL

Greetings,
First off, thank you for your excellent work with this script.
Will definitely support in the future. And please forgive me if the question has been answered before.
I searched the forums and I couldn't find an answer to this.

Issue:
I recently added an SSL certificate to my site. Ever since then, the admin detect stopped working.
When I send it through as "http://" it works. But using "https://"...it doesn't.

I was wondering what/where what coding or modifications I needed to make to allow admin detect to work the SSL upgrade.
It seems like it's something simple to change.

Thanks in advance once again.

Hi,

I assume you're using the Cookie method. Is the page where you've integrated Commentics using SSL? I ask because I imagine if you're setting the cookie with SSL and then trying to read it without SSL then it wouldn't work for security reasons.

Have you completed the interview?

Greetings Steven,
Big thanks for your time.

The page is indeed using SSL. And I'm using the 'both' setting in admin detection.
And what you've described is very similar to what's happening. Only thing is, when I set the cookie in SSL it will only recognize the admin detection without SSL. So on the backend, I set admin detect in SSL...and on the frontend it only will recognize it without SSL.

Okay, I've just tested this and when I use the 'both' setting and I set the cookie in SSL it's able to detect me in SSL, so it makes me think that either it's a server issue or maybe you're setting the cookie with 'www' in the URL and trying to read it without the 'www' (or vice-versa).

Have you completed the interview?

Greetings,
Upon further testing, I figured it out. The problem seems to be coming through the IP address.
I didn't even think to just use the "Cookie" option. I used that option instead of "Both" and it worked.

Still not sure as to why it doesn't work with the IP address setting though.
Regardless, much thanks for your time and input.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by mtnlvy
06-Jan-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post by Steven
25-Apr-2015, 12:01 PM
Last Post by Steven
25-Jan-2013, 01:34 PM