This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

thumbs-up / down not working

Hi

I just installed commentrics and everything appears to be working except the thumbs up and down buttons.  When clicking on them nothing happens.  I have removed my jQuery loading tag which was initially causing an error so I don't think its an issue with that and my JS console is not displaying any errors. I tried looking for a reference to "vote.php" and I don't see it anywhere in the source code or the installed files. Out of ideas Huh

Also noticed the 5 star ratings only show and work AFTER the comment has been submitted and approved. I believe this is related to the issue I am having with the thumbs

Hi,

Can you provide the version of Commentics you're using and a URL to your page so I can figure out what's happening?

Have you completed the interview?

Hi Steven

Version Check= You are using the latest version.  
I have an instance on each of about 30 pages, all have a unique identifier .. here is one URL https://www.signlettersource.com/formedP...etters.php

My server is using PHP 7. Could that be the issue ?

I should have specified, do you have an example of a page that has comments? I want to see the thumbs in particular.

The script works fine on PHP 7 so it will be something else.

Have you completed the interview?

(25-Sep-2017, 07:29 PM)Steven Wrote:  I should have specified, do you have an example of a page that has comments? I want to see the thumbs in particular.

The script works fine on PHP 7 so it will be something else.

Use the same page .. I just approved your test comment .. sorry about that

I see that the thumbs up seems to be working now. I have no idea why as I have not changed anything.

Is there a reason the stars only show after the comment is created and can be up voted or down voted by anyone ? Is this because it's a comments script rather than a reviews script?

Steven

I have gone ahead and disabled the thumbs and ratings on the script. I realize now that for a review script they are probably not necessary.

Thanks for the support. Please close the ticket.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by mtnlvy
06-Jan-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post by T04
02-Jul-2017, 09:49 PM
Last Post by Steven
25-Apr-2015, 12:01 PM