This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Comments not showing

Hi Steven,
Yesterday, the Christmas section of our site held over 6,000 postings, then I received notification from users that there were no postings showing as can be seen here http://www.2hands.org/online-christmas-h...laware.php

phpmyadmin now shows that the comments line in the christmas database shows 'in use' 

Do you have any ideas?

I can't find any setting withing the commentics control panel which may have started this issue.

Thanks for your time!!

It sounds like the 'comments' table is corrupted. In phpMyAdmin go to the 'Operations' tab and click the option to 'repair' it. To help avoid this, make sure to run the 'Tools -> Optimize Tables' feature now and again in the Commentics admin area.

Have you completed the interview?

As always Steven, can't thank you enough. The people using my site thank you. Commentics is given proper thanks on the site as well.
I was able to check the comments table and choose repair from the menu. It did so in a second and now all postings are back in view.

Thank you also for the tip about optimizing the tables occasionally. This I will make calendar reminders to do.... Smile

Have a great weekend

Jon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
13-Aug-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post by bc070
12-Oct-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post by Deparis
21-Jul-2014, 10:39 AM
Last Post by johan
29-Oct-2013, 11:01 PM