This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Submitted comments not showing.

I have setup a comments form etc etc, but when someone submits a comment, it doesn't show under the form, all it shows is 'No comments yet, be the first', I get the emails that someone posted and what they posted, but nothing is shown on the website, the comments admin page says I have 2 comments, and I have set comments to not require approval, because I'm using re-captcha to prevent bots.

Is there a setting in the admin panel that enables/disables displaying of comments?

Since I can't edit my post, I'll add to it here.

It seems the existing comments only show up if I (admin) add a comment, it seems when I add the first comment, all other existing comments are actually replies, I thought the idea was that anyone can add comments, but by disabling replies, only the comments are seen.

If I deleted my comment, the existing comments don't get physically removed, but are removed from the screen, but when I add a comment, then they show up again, but as replies.

I fixed it, I had to 'employ' a profession scripter to hunt it down, so now it's fixed, I couldn't wait for days or even weeks before I got any replies, and people were getting impatient because they were posting complaints for a company and the company PR department wasn't seeing the comments, to act on them.

Do you know what the fix was? If it's a bug it would be nice to fix it for everyone else.

Have you completed the interview?

Yes, I found out that when inserting/embedding into HTML, and using the line:-
Code:
<script src="http://domain-name/comments/embed.js"></script>

Commentics suggest to place it inside the <header> tags, but it didn't work that way, so what was found was that if that line was placed in the <body> section, then followed by <div id="commentics"></div> it worked fine.

This is a snippet of the HTML page I used to embed the comments box:-
Code:
<div class="u-clearfix u-custom-html u-custom-html-1">
          <script src="http://domain-name/comments/embed.js"></script>
          <div id="commentics"></div>
        </div>

Okay thanks for letting me know.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 2hands
18-Nov-2017, 11:21 PM