This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Submitting with Uploads does NOTHING
Exclamation 

Hello.

I have been trying to get a website set up with image uploading. No matter what I do, either install with defaults, or install with modifying what fields I want, if I add any kind of picture, and click Submit, it says "Please Wait" for about 5 seconds, then goes back to the "Submit" button.

What am I doing wrong? I have included a couple documents that contain screenshots with settings throughout the admin panel.

I have included the standard .sql file, System Settings Screenshot, and GoDaddy PHP System Settings.

The website in question is http://www.grandnails67.com/reviews.

I appreciate any and all assistance.

Sincerely,
Charles Waters

Attached Files
.zip Commentics.zip Size: 96.85 KB  Downloads: 11

Also, if anyone would like to assist, please let me know. I have set up a "Non"-Super Admin for whatever assistance someone feels they can give.

Hi Charles,

I just submitted a comment with an image upload, and everything seems okay from what I can tell. It responded with a success message of "Your comment is awaiting approval". If you approve the comment it should appear.

Have you completed the interview?

(22-Nov-2017, 03:44 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi Charles,

I just submitted a comment with an image upload, and everything seems okay from what I can tell. It responded with a success message of "Your comment is awaiting approval". If you approve the comment it should appear.

I just logged in and saw that. It's weird though, because when I do it as a test, all I get is the original result that I mentioned. It going from "Add Comments" to "Please Wait", then back to "Add Comment" again with no change whatsoever.

I did also notice, that when I do it, if I add any kind of pictures, it doesn't do any error checking. I intentionally left all fields blank, and nothing happened. If I simply removed the pictures, then the error checking works like a champ.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but this is hosted on GoDaddy, using PHP v7.1

In terms of the submit button, it's normal for it to change to "Please Wait" and then back to "Add Comment". You should also see a message at the top of the form saying "Your comment is awaiting approval" which fades out after a number of seconds. Are you saying you don't see that message? Also, it sounds like you might be expecting to see the comment straight away? If that's right, this just depends on your settings.

I've just tested on your site and I can't replicate not getting any error message when adding a picture. There is always some type of error message, whether it be under each field or at the top of the form.

At this stage I can't see any difference between your site and the demo on this site. They're both working the same way. Maybe you're expecting it to work differently so you think it's a bug?

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post