This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Submitting images using Image Uploads malfunctioning
Bug 

Experiencing the same malfunction detailed within the following thread:  https://www.commentics.org/forum/showthr...ht=uploads.

Logged in as Admin or not:  image uploads simply hang for a moment (the comment button and preview button briefly dull in color) and then appear normal but the images uploaded do not post.  No error message is shown; nothing.

In the thread that you referenced, it wasn't clear that there was a malfunction, as I tested it on their site and it appeared to work exactly as expected, and the questions that I asked to clarify it weren't answered.

1. Does a success message briefly appear above the form for a few seconds?
2. Does the comment show in the admin area in 'Manage -> Comments'?
3. Are all permissions correct in 'Reports -> Permissions'?
4. Can you provide a link to your page?

I received your comment with the image on the demo fine. I just had to approve it in order for it show.

Have you completed the interview?

I appreciate your reply.
Answering your questions:
1.  no
2.  no
3.  yes, I presume so:  the first reads "Non-Writable" and the others: "Writable"; furthermore:  all are colored green.
4.  calhoun.estate/1.php

Note: 
On the "Dashboard" under "Version Check":  colored red it reads:  "There is an issue with Commentics.org (upgrade)".
Downloaded and installed most recent version.  The word "upgrade" is a hyperlink leading back to the Dashboard.

Thanks for your answers and for the link.

Your server is responding with a '403 Forbidden' error when submitting a comment with an image. The image is sent across as a base64 encoded string so maybe your server is overly configured in terms of security and it's incorrectly trying to protect against legitimate requests. Your host will be able to advise further on that.

There's a bug with the current version of Commentics where it displays the upgrade link for every type of version error message, when it should only display it for the message that says there's a newer version. That will be fixed in the next version.

But as to why it's saying there's an issue with Commentics.org, I wrote a small extension whicn can be installed to debug this. See this link:
https://www.commentics.org/forum/showthr...32#pid7532

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Deparis
23-Jul-2014, 07:55 AM
Last Post by corculator
25-Feb-2012, 11:17 AM