This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Ajax in v2.5, no upgrade to v3

Hello!

A quick question.

I am using a heavily customized v2.5 script. I don't want to update to v3 and above. But in v2.5 I would like to submit the comments with Ajax.

Is there any chance I could do this by taking app/processor.php from v3 and overwriting over app/processor.php in v2.5? Of course with some changes. Is this possible in theory? Many thanks!

Hi Alin,

The changes between v2.5 and v3 are great, so unfortunately it's not possible to copy across the code. For example there isn't an app/processor.php file in v3 because the file structure has changed, as well as a lot of the code within.

Going forward it would be wise to upgrade. Over time v2.5 will no longer work due to deprecated and eventually removed functions. It's a big jump to v3 but, once upgraded, the jumps are very minor with the use of changed-file packages.

What specifically about your customizations are you concerned about? For example is it that you don't know exactly what you've changed or that you're not sure if you'll be able to apply them again?

Have you completed the interview?

Thank you Steven. Well, I guess I will take a weekend just for this and upgrade to v3. Have not yet the chance to look over the code in v3. I guess both scare me: don't know exactly what have I changed and if it will work again.

Thanks for upgrading this great script!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
08-Feb-2013, 08:41 PM