This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Installation on Live server

I have been trying to install Commentics on my Live server for the past week but seem to be failing miserably. I have done the installation on my WAMP test server with no problems and all is working well.

After I have done the install on the Live server and I open the Admin panel I do the 4 steps listed and on completion it then goes to the Dashboard and I get the following error message under "version check:": Version Check

There is an issue with Commentics.org

Everything else seems normal and I can configure everything ok but when I go to the website nothing is visible, its as though there is no connection to the database.

Hope you can understand what I mean and any help would be grateful.

Thanks

Rick

ersiokkkkkkkerythingkkkkkn Check

Hi Rick,

With regard to nothing being visible, it might be that the final line of your integration code is failing. Try adding the following line above it so you can see the exact filepath:

PHP Code:
<?php 
var_dump
($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');
require(
$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');

Then make sure the filepath is correct and exists.

Do you always see that version check error or is it intermittent?

Have you completed the interview?

Hi Steven

In answer to your second question, yes the version check error is always there whenever I log into the admin panel.

I've added the line above to the integration code as requested and run it again and it indicates the wrong path.

it gives the path as - "/home/linweb25/o/oceanwharf.com/user/htdocs/comments/frontend/index.php"
where in fact it should be "/home/linweb25/o/oceanwharf.com/user/htdocs/hfl_genealogy_02/comments/frontend/index.php"

So where have I gone wrong? I have used the same integration code on the WAMP and that works fine.

Rick

It could be that the value of $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] is different on your WAMP than on your live server.

To resolve it try changing:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_folder    
= '/comments/';

To this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_folder    
= '/hfl_genealogy_02/comments/';

I'll have a look at the version check error a bit later today.

In the file /backend/controller/main/dashboard.php

After this line:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$latest_version
= $this->home->getLatestVersion();

Can you add this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
var_dump
($latest_version);

That should give some insight into what's happening.

(28-Sep-2018, 08:21 AM)Steven Wrote:  It could be that the value of $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] is different on your WAMP than on your live server.

To resolve it try changing:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_folder    
= '/comments/';

To this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_folder    
= '/hfl_genealogy_02/comments/';

I'll have a look at the version check error a bit later today.
That seems to fix the problem, but it just seems like a work around that would need to be done for each site on the hosted server yet on a WAMP server no modification is required for each site and I cannot see why. The folder structure is the same on both servers. It seems that the "Document Root" gets itself truncated on the host server but not the WAMP server.

(28-Sep-2018, 12:33 PM)Steven Wrote:  In the file /backend/controller/main/dashboard.php

After this line:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$latest_version
= $this->home->getLatestVersion();

Can you add this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
var_dump
($latest_version);

That should give some insight into what's happening.
Where does it show the dump as I cannot find?

It should display on the dashboard page. Try adding a die(); statement afterwards.

PHP Code:
<?php 
var_dump
($latest_version);
die();

when I now restart comadmin all I get is a blank page with "bool(false)" on it

Okay it sounds like you don't have cURL installed/enabled on your server so it's falling back to the 'file_get_contents' method which is failing for some reason. To confirm, in the admin area can you go to 'Reports -> PHP Info' and search for 'cURL support'. If it's not there or it is but it says disabled then you can resolve the issue by installing/enabling cURL.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by rol
16-Feb-2020, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Steven
23-May-2019, 07:20 PM
Last Post by jgee
18-Nov-2016, 06:59 PM
Last Post by hentes
06-Nov-2016, 01:36 PM