This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Installation not going past Start Button on WAMP 3.1.0

Greetings,

I have WAMP 3.1.0 on my pc, and as best practice,  i use custom virtualhost to emulate a real server for development purpose.

I really liked the demo of commentics, and tried to install it, but i don't get past the start the button on the install page.

The url changes from domainname/uploadfolder/install to domainname/uploadfolder/install/?route=start and it does nothing

Thank you

Hi Aestoc,

I use WAMP 3.0.4 and I can't say I've seen this before.

What happens to the page content? Do you get a blank page?

You could try changing the URL to domainname/uploadfolder/install/?route=database to get to the next step but I suspect you might have the same issue moving to the step after that.

Also try looking at your WAMP PHP error log for any clues.

Have you completed the interview?

Hello,

That's the strange thing, no error nor entry in the log.

I could access the /?route=database, but when i submit it does the same as the start button, nothing, just refreshes the page. The content remains the same.

I will try to change from POST to GET and try to see if data is being submitted at all, any hints on how which files to modify for debug ?

I also tried multiple browsers, cleared my .htaccess, its really strange.

Ps, does commentics have any sort of error log / debug mod ?

In Chrome can you open dev tools (F12), go to the Network tab, click the 'Preserve log' checkbox and make sure 'All' is selected underneath. Then click the installer Start button. Select all the entries in the Network tab, right-click and choose Save as HAR with content. Then attach that here or PM me.

(26-Nov-2017, 05:08 PM)Steven Wrote:  In Chrome can you open dev tools (F12), go to the Network tab, click the 'Preserve log' checkbox and make sure 'All' is selected underneath. Then click the installer Start button. Select all the entries in the Network tab, right-click and choose Save as HAR with content. Then attach that here or PM me.

Hey m8, sending the file via wetransfer, because both *.har and *.rar are not accepted, and *.txt is too large

Link to file (until 3 december) mylog.har

Thanks. So it's doing a 301 permanent redirect. I suspect that will be due to your site's .htaccess file. I know you said you cleared it but did you clear your browser cache afterwards because browsers tend to cache redirects?

I think the redirect is to do with removing the index.php from the URL, because it's redirecting from index.php?route=start to ?route=start.

(27-Nov-2017, 01:38 PM)Steven Wrote:  I think the redirect is to do with removing the index.php from the URL, because it's redirecting from index.php?route=start to ?route=start.

Hey Steven, you were right. Not really sure why, but apparently deleting completely .htaccess, from WAMP removed the problem.

I was able to install it and already tested it, works very good, i also translated to italian the parts i needed.

By the way, in case you need Italian or Russian translation for the frontend, just let me know, cheers m8

My Email

I'm glad it's working now.

It would be amazing to receive some translations. I received a Polish translation the other day which I'm going to make available soon, so it would be great to receive an Italian and Russian translation as well. Can you send me your language folder and, if you've translated the emails, an export of your 'email' database table please?

Sure, give me some time to make a full translation than (i only translated the rows i needed).

ps. is there a way to disable the email requirements (form) without breaking the code ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by rol
16-Feb-2020, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Steven
23-May-2019, 07:20 PM
Last Post by lastejas
29-Sep-2018, 02:03 PM
Last Post by jgee
18-Nov-2016, 06:59 PM
Last Post by Steven
01-Jan-2016, 12:37 AM