This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Not reading page with variable in address
Bug 

I'm trying to integrate this into several web pages with a $_GET variable, EG: www.example.com/webpage.php?variable=value1

It integrates (stylesheet doesn't work though), but if I go to www.example.com/webpage.php?variable=value2
it also appears there. Also, upon submit, it goes to www.example.com/webpage.php#process instead of www.example.com/webpage.php?variable=value1#process.

Thanks in advance, Steven.

--Static
Actually, the stylesheet loads correctly, but the captcha image doesn't. You can still hear it though. You should let members be able to edit their post at least until the next post. Otherwise, you get double posts, one liners, and other nuisances. I'm double posting because this forum doesn't have rules. You should create them. Sorry for being a nuisanceWink.
EDIT: Huh, what happened? My post just merged?!? Brilliant! Didn't know that would happen, but I still can't edit it.

I'm giving you three guesses...

Hi,

Your post was merged because the forum was set up to merge posts within 60 minutes of each other. I have just disabled this feature.

At the moment the forum is configured to allow editing up to 15 minutes after posting. If you want to add more information after 15 minutes, it's okay to add another post.

I'm working on preserving the query string. I'll release a solution for it tomorrow.

The server needs the GD Library to display the captcha. Ask your host why they don't have it.
http://www.commentics.org/requirements.php

Have you completed the interview?

Captcha is working now. I am running a localhost, so I had to modify php.ini to include those two extensions. I didn't find the requirements page earlier. It should be more visible.
I saw the post merge as a good thing, not a bad thing, so you should re-enable it. I'm a minority here, my opinion shouldn't count too much... no, wait... 33.3%? Never mind...

Waiting for the update tomorrow. I really appreciate the quick responses.
--Static

I wrote a solution which appears to be working. It took a while to get it to work with the pagination.

I think it's a good improvement as it makes Commentics more integratable.

As it's untested I won't add it to the core just yet. I'm going to release it as an add-on later today.

I'll post back here when it's available.

It's now available for download. Please let me know if it works for you.
http://www.commentics.org/add-ons.php#preserve_query

Cool, will test. If you need someone to test anything else, contact me, I'm mostly free.

I'm having a little trouble. It seems to be banning me every time I try to post, but unlike the earlier issue by groefie, I didn't disable anything. Also, even though the comment system displays correctly, it displays on every page, even with different $_GET variables. I've tried reinstalling, no luck. Maybe I installed it incorrectly? The installation instructions are not very clear. Will test some more now.

EDIT: Seems like it works by redirecting the processing to the correct page(including variable), but it still shows on pages with different variables that have not been added to the page list. Still testing.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I just changed the folder position. It doesn't work as written in edit two.

What is the ban reason?

If you want to load Commentics depending on the page's $_GET variables I think it would be best to control that from the page that you are integrating it in.

For example:

Code:
if (isset($_GET['test'])) {
// don't load commentics
} else {
// load commentics
}

Ban due to spam or hacking or something like that.
I was thinking about doing it the way you proposed, but I was thinking that this would work. I probably just installed the add-on incorrectly. Maybe you could look at a different comment script and see how they did it. Gentlesource Comment Script works with variables in the header.

Just in case, please give me some more detailed installation instructions. The ones for the add-on.

Hmm... about controlling it from within the webpage, my site already works that way. What I need is a comments for each certain variable, which I can't test. I didn't get which "root" directory I should put it. Is it supposed to overwrite some other files, or is the folder supposed to be in www.example.com/comments where comments is the add-on folder.

EDIT: You should re-enable the merge post feature. It's really good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by hentes
20-Dec-2016, 09:28 PM
Last Post by Koksi
22-Nov-2012, 03:19 PM
Last Post by Steven
15-May-2012, 11:56 AM