This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

textarea in comments form not resizing

The textarea in the comments form is not resizing as it normally should when grabbing the handle on the lower right side of it.
I have tested it using the sample files provided (both php and iframe versions) — same issue.
I have tested it using the default settings and stylesheet just to make sure it wasn't caused by my configurations.
Steven has suggested that it may be an issue with my website, possibly.
But then how to explain the fact that I have many other similar textareas on my site which work perfectly well?
Anyway, hope someone can look into this.
The problem may be seen at: yimind.org/sample.html, or yimind.org/sample.php

I understand what you mean now. It's not actually a problem with your website. It's basically because the textarea has several classes that specify the height, so this is overriding the ability to resize it. As you know, the textarea is minimized by default and expands when receiving focus, so that's why there are a few different height dimensions attached to it. If you want, you can make it resizable by removing the height from these classes:

.cmtx_field
.cmtx_textarea_field
.cmtx_comment_field_active

You'll probably also want to remove the transition effect from that last class.

In the next version I'll be removing the "handle" at the lower right side, similar to how this person did recently:
https://commentics.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2153

Have you completed the interview?

That should of course work. It still didn't until I found my mistake. I had added styles in my custom.css that prevented the textarea from resizing normally, i.e., .cmtx_comment_field_active {height: auto !important}. As soon as I (also) removed this everything worked perfectly.
Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by emmanuel505
24-Jul-2021, 11:55 PM
Last Post by nimand
25-Jan-2018, 06:30 PM
Last Post by besric
03-Mar-2016, 10:22 PM
Last Post by somalimuzic
18-Apr-2015, 05:27 PM
Last Post by aercan