This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

latest comment with a twist

I am displaying the latest comment by going to the rev_comments database picking the latest and displaying it. I would like to also display some info from the page the comment comes from. (it is a php generated page) I figure I could get 'page_id' go to 'rev_pages' database and get 'url' where I could just get my links from url, however; when I get 'page_id' it goes to a totally different page!

the page with comments displays the right comments but if I try to get the page from 'rev_pages' I am not able to find the right page.

Hi,

Can you post your code for this.

Have you completed the interview?

Well I will post some code over the weekend when I have extra time. The problem was that google crawled the pages so commentics generated a page id for each page google went to. I had to change my data which changed the index and so the pages which I had never been to but google had, where pointing to the wrong data.(THANKS GOOGLE!). so I am able to get to the page from 'rev_pages' using id but if you need to keep track of something just insert it into the 'reference' field which makes my whole getting the original php page obsolete.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
29-Sep-2021, 11:41 AM
Last Post by afoster
02-Aug-2020, 10:40 PM
Last Post by Steven
10-Jan-2018, 09:58 PM
Last Post by noblues
08-Mar-2015, 05:08 PM