This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Multiple replies

Hi All,

I just installed 1.6 and it works like a charm. Thanks so much for the script.

I am designing a website that is similar to chowhound in that a single comment can spawn multiple replies; including replies from the original poster.

Is there away to modify the code to allow for this. I understand the concern about indenting the divs for the comment/reply but I will live with the shrinkage.

Thanks

Chris

(31-Jul-2011, 03:30 PM)sandman Wrote:  Hi All,

I just installed 1.6 and it works like a charm. Thanks so much for the script.

I am designing a website that is similar to chowhound in that a single comment can spawn multiple replies; including replies from the original poster.

Is there away to modify the code to allow for this. I understand the concern about indenting the divs for the comment/reply but I will live with the shrinkage.

Thanks

Chris

Btw, I just found an old thread started by static about the same thing I want to do. I downloaded his code but not sure what to do with it. It was written when commentics was at rev 1.2; so I don't now the status of it.

http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthre...ht=replies

Thanks

Hi,

All the reply code was written by Static. Try sending a PM.

Have you completed the interview?

That code was for the way replies are currently implemented I believe, as in only one reply depth. Nested replies should be a possibility, however the way it is currently implemented probably wouldn't allow for unlimited nesting. I'll probably be able to work something out to make it unlimited/user defined without too much problem. That being said, I have been very busy lately and probably won't be able to do anything until next week. Sorry.

I'm giving you three guesses...

(01-Aug-2011, 04:49 PM)Static Wrote:  That code was for the way replies are currently implemented I believe, as in only one reply depth. Nested replies should be a possibility, however the way it is currently implemented probably wouldn't allow for unlimited nesting. I'll probably be able to work something out to make it unlimited/user defined without too much problem. That being said, I have been very busy lately and probably won't be able to do anything until next week. Sorry.

Thanks for replying to me. I am thinking that replies 5 levels deep should be enough; but unlimited would be fantastic.

Would that include allowing replys to rate and thumbs up/down on each reply?

Do you want me to pm you with more info?

Thanks

Chris

Thanks again

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
12-Dec-2011, 06:56 PM