This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Run 1 Commentics Db for Multiple sites?

Hi all,

First, I love this program, Huge thanks to the programmers that created it!!!

I have a few websites, that are all different niches, and I'd like to run 1 commentics database (so I don't use a bunch of space on my hosting server for each site), but offer commenting on each site. Is it possible?

Also, for the site I have running commentics, when a comment is made, it appears on all of the pages, is it possible to have a unique stream of comments for each page?

Any and all help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jarrod

Hi,

Sorry, there's no multi-site feature at the moment.

If the comment is appearing on all pages then you need to make sure that each page has its own $cmtx_page_id value in its integration code.

For example your first page should have something like $cmtx_page_id = "1";
Your second page should have something like $cmtx_page_id = "2";

At the moment it seems like you have $cmtx_page_id = "1"; in both pages.

Have you completed the interview?

Hi Steven,

Thank you for the quick reply. I was playing with the program last night and figured out the page id's and names stuff. Also, in playing with it (in specific the names), I found it is possible to run 1 db for commentics and offer commenting for each of my sites by changing the id's... extremly excited!! I did have to copy the comments folder over to the other url that I wanted to run commenting on, but it works as advertised. I'm not sure if others on here have asked how, but if they have, I will gladly write up a quick tutorial on "how to"... it is pretty much just copying the folder to the root directory of the site they'd like, then copying the pieces of code (the php start in head, the css call, and the php comment script) to the page they'd like the commenting on and they are off to the races.

Thanks for a GREAT commenting script! I tried about 40, literally, before finally coming across this one and it is hands down the BEST commenting script out there!

cjarrodsnow,

I will very much love to see your tutorial! I'm particularly interested in how to handle the settings table of the single database such that users/subscribers from the different sites can receive relevant messages from customised emails and site-specific urls. (Talking about the subscriber_notification_ group of entries under the "title" column.)

That will be a great addition to this awesome product.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
23-Apr-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post by sandman
01-Aug-2011, 09:10 PM