This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Do comments get indexed?

Just installed and implemented the script. One minor mistake I had to solve but other than not no problems. Good job I read about putting a line of code in the .htaccess file to use existing .html pages because during testing I changed my homepage to a .php, which obviously worked, and was prepared to simply rename all other files not realising I would lose all the link juice to the original .html files! (ahhhh!)

Anyway the question is in the title really. Does google index any of the comments and does google follow any links put in the comments?

If at first you don't succeed then so much for parachuting!

Hi,

Yes, Google will index the comments. To prove it, if you go to the Project page and take a look at the second comment, the one where I said "Hi are you needing a solution now?", now try this search in Google:
Quote:site:commentics.org Are you needing a solution now?

Regarding whether Google follows any links inside the comments, this depends on your Admin Panel settings. Go to Settings -> Processor -> Comment and see if the 'No Follow' setting is enabled. If it is, then all links inside the comments will contain the 'rel=nofollow' tag which instructs Google not to follow the link and it is good for SEO. A similar setting in Settings -> Processor -> Website will add the 'No Follow' tag to the name when it is hyperlinked with the user's website.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post