This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Google Penalties For Same Topic Comments On Many Pages?
Star 

As i've mentioned in other threads, I created a topic in Commentics called "Reviews & Testimonials" that is being used for my clients to leave reviews and give star ratings on my website. Right now, I only have it included on a single page - my review page. I am pretty certain that if I included it on all of my money pages I would get star ratings in my search results for each of the pages. My fear is that Google might penalize me for duplicate content or something. Keep in mind that I perform worldwide, so the reviews I receive are for services that I have provided in many different geographical locations. The pages I would like to include the same "Reviews & Testimonials" on would be hundreds of state and city pages, which are optimized for each of the geographical locations...

To me it seems perfectly fair and legit and not to mention, a wise marketing approach to have my reviews displayed on all of these pages, but how do you think Google would look at it? I mean, it would be absurd to create hundreds of individual "Reviews & Testimonials" topics to correspond with hundreds of geographical locations...

Any insights you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

OHHH! Also, I have went though every Commentics file with a fine tooth comb and I cannot find where I can change the text from "Comments" and "Add Comment" to "Reviews" and "Add Review". Could you tell me where to change that?

Thanks.

Hi Methyus,

I'm by no means an SEO expert but I think it's rare that Google penalizes for duplicate content. Normally the worst case is that they'll just ignore it. The below URLs might help explain it. I'd ask on an SEO community if you want a proper answer though.

http://searchengineland.com/googles-matt...mmy-167459
https://blog.kissmetrics.com/myths-about...e-content/ (Point 3)

The text is in /upload/includes/language/english/comments.php and /upload/includes/language/english/form.php respectively. Did you try the 'Tools -> Text Finder' feature? That should have found it.

Have you completed the interview?

Hi from Europe. I’m a tourist guide and I have a web site with great excursions in Greece : https://www.ellada-exclusive.ru/index.php
Your Commentics are JUST GREAT!!! And Your answers are very informative. But still I have some questions.
Can you answear:
1.      Will it be helpful if I place only at 1 page php integration code, and everything else will be with iFrame? Does iFrame is less easily readable from search engines?
2.      Is there any way to “close” comments on other pages from reading by search engines? But not loose micro-scheme stars, or how you called them?
3.      I upgraded from 3.0 version to the last, version by version, as you told, but database didn’t work … (( finaly, I passed all comments manually.
4.      What is the price to buy your license? I ‘m confident that Commentics bringing most of the clients to me, so I want to thank you.
5.      Will I have any problem if I change Commentics from English version to Russian?
On my site,  I have placed comments script on every page, so people will read them before they decide to call me or ask for my services.
So, my site is running fine, or almost fine, I know that I have plenty of issues, but I’m working on them. Since comments are plenty, Commentics script started to create pages, so visitors could read them all, but the problem is that I actually have 99% duplicated content on every page, since any excursions-page-1.php will become excursion-page1.php-&commentsFrom2Page…
As a result, for about 150 pages, I actually have about 2.500 in search… and most of them are identical. What can I do about it? I changed some settings in script, so the comments will be displayed all at same page, so now I have less than 2500 pages on ellada-exclusive, but still, these comments are same comments on every single page.
What can I do about it? I don’t consider to move comments on separate page, because only few folks will get there, most of the people will read them out only if they are on same page. And of course clients votes stars, will not be displayable any more for this specific page.
Comments, as people says to me, are the number 1 important thing in their mind, when they decide to ask for my services, as they don’t want to mess with a wrong guy during they short vacation period.
On the other hand, SEO is important here, because if you are not in fist lines of search results, you won’t have any clients at all. And most of my clients come from web. Thanks.
[Image: img1.jpg]

Hi there, see answers below.

(22-Apr-2020, 10:27 AM)alexmanru Wrote:  these comments are same comments on every single page

You're probably setting the "identifier" as the same on every page. The identifier should be different for each page.

https://www.commentics.org/faq/troublesh...e-comments

(22-Apr-2020, 10:27 AM)alexmanru Wrote:  What is the price to buy your license? I'm confident that Commentics bringing most of the clients to me, so I want to thank you.

https://www.commentics.org/pricing

(22-Apr-2020, 10:27 AM)alexmanru Wrote:  Will I have any problem if I change Commentics from English version to Russian?

I'm actually in the process of updating an older Russian translation so that it works on the latest version of Commentics. It should be ready within a few days. I'll let you know once it's available and then maybe you could review it and make improvements?

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
25-Mar-2015, 07:06 PM
Last Post by Steven
01-Sep-2011, 09:52 AM