This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Duplicate comments showing on different pages

I seem to have a problem. If I post a comment to one of my pages it also appears with a big gap on a second page. It only seems to be happening with one page.

The page I posted to is www.oilchangecouponsdeals/mobil-1-oil-change-coupons.html which has a unique ID and name and the post shows up ok. But if I then look at www.oilchangecouponsdeals/quiick-lub-oil-change-coupons.html the same comment is there. Plus there is a big white space between the header and the comment.

Any ideas as to the problem appreciated.

If at first you don't succeed then so much for parachuting!

Hi,

Can you post the integration code for each page.

Also, check the page 'quick-lube-oil-change-coupons' in Manage -> Pages and make sure that it has a unique custom ID and that the URL is correct.

Have you completed the interview?

This is the integration code for http://www.oilchangecouponsdeals/quick-l...upons.html
<?php
$page_id = "13";
$reference = "Quick Lube Oil Change";
$path_to_comments_folder = "comments/";
define ('IN_COMMENTICS', 'true'); //no need to edit this line
require $path_to_comments_folder . "includes/commentics.php"; //no need to edit this line
?>

This is the integration code for http://www.oilchangecouponsdeals/mobil-1...upons.html
<?php
$page_id = "15";
$reference = "Mobil 1 Oil";
$path_to_comments_folder = "comments/";
define ('IN_COMMENTICS', 'true'); //no need to edit this line
require $path_to_comments_folder . "includes/commentics.php"; //no need to edit this line
?>

Mobil 1 Oil is showing on the Manage ->Page with a unique ID however Quick Lube Oil Change is not shown in the list.

The strange thing is that although I did the Mobil 1 Oil post today the date is showing the 3rd of September.

All the posts I have made as admin and there are not many and I remember playing about with the setting around the 3rd. Should I just delete all the posts (only 12) and re-enter them. Is the are way to delete all the posts and reset the database?

There is no obvious reason why 'Quick Lube Oil Change' is getting mixed up.

I suggest to delete all the pages in Manage -> Pages, this will delete the comments too.

Then view each page in your browser, each time making sure it is being created in the admin panel.

Hi Steven.

Well I still seem to be having the same problem. This is what I did to try and cure the problem.

I went to the pages settings and deleted all page (along with the comments. I then went to each page on the site (16) , double checked that I had in my HTML files a unique ID for each page. When I look at the Pages setting only 13 were showing so I did some testing and this is what happened.

If I do a post on http://www.oilchangecouponsdeals.com/spe...upons.html then Accept the post through the Comments Tab it says in the post to page pull down menu, Wal-Mart Oil Change ... the page for speede oil chnage is not in the drop down menu. If I accept the comment. It then posts to the speedee link I have shown above and
http://www.oilchangecouponsdeals.com/wal...upons.html

I've looked at the source code in Firefox for both pages and they definately have unique ID's. I have left both comments on som if you feel inclined you can see the HTML code as well for both URL. I might be missing something obviuos.

Is there anywhere I can manually add a page from within the console? As I have spent some time posting my own comments I don't really want to delete them all again.

Thanks for any assitance.

Stephen

Hi,

You can open phpMyAdmin and navigate to the 'pages' table.

Click Insert to add a new page.

- Leave the 'id' field blank.
- Enter your page ID into the 'custom_id' field.
- Enter your reference into the 'reference' field.
- Enter the URL of your page in the 'url' field.
- Enter 1 for the 'is_form_enabled' field.
- Select the current date for the 'dated' field.

Then click Go.

Thanks Steven,

I would do that but for one thing. How do I find or navigate to phpMyAdmin?

Sorry for being a bit thick!

Stephen

Ok found it under the hosting company.

Thanks Steve

Added the pages ok (phew all new to me) and set the comments appropriately. Everything working just fine.

Stephen

Thread closed (to me at least)

Hi,

That's good. I'm pleased it's working now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
06-Aug-2021, 06:50 PM
Last Post by Steven
27-Jul-2021, 07:12 PM
Last Post by clixcity
29-Jul-2020, 07:56 PM
Last Post by Steven
09-Jul-2018, 08:40 PM
Last Post by vkp