This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Collapsing comment field

Hi all,

I need to create a collapsing/expanding comment field. What I need is a link inside a completed comment that expands the comment box to its full size when you click on the "read more" link.
Once the full comment is displayed, I need to have a corresponding "read less" link. If possible I would like to have a "reply link inside the comment box.

The reason I need to do this is that I have expanded the comments field to 5000 characters to allow more of a review type comment.

thanks for any help.

Chris

Hi,

I will see if I can add this for the next version.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks Steven

Just wondering, do you have estimated date for the next release?

I'm not sure at the moment. I'm going into hospital tomorrow for a couple of weeks. After I get back there are a few things that I need to add to the script. It might be the end of October at the earliest.

Thanks Steven,

I hope whatever you are having done works out ok for you.

Take care and I wish you all the best.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Hi,

I'm working on this feature at the moment but it's a little more difficult than I thought.

The problem is that at some point in the comment, let's say 300 characters, a div needs to be inserted to initially hide the remaining part of the comment. As Commentics uses BB Code and Smilies, that div might be inserted into the middle of a HTML tag like an image or a bullet list etc, which would break the comment and even affect the rest of the page.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
29-Sep-2021, 11:41 AM
Last Post by afoster
02-Aug-2020, 10:40 PM
Last Post by Steven
10-Jan-2018, 09:58 PM
Last Post by Emprador
27-May-2016, 09:53 PM
Last Post by noblues