This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

All permissions are not correct

Hello, I am back with another question,

I 've just moved to a new hosting and just made commentics installation again. Basically no big problem. Only this time I found that on Report => Permission the message is All permission are not correct. Only connect.php which is in green color, the rest are red.

When I took a look at those files, I saw all are in 644.

Thanks in advance

Iswandi

Hi,

Permissions of 644 will work on most servers but it seems like your new host has configured things differently. You could ask them (recommended) what file and folder permissions are necessary for scripts to be able to write on the server. Alternatively you could experiment with this yourself. Using the FTP application 'FileZilla', right-click on one of the files and select 'File permissions', make sure that the following checkboxes are ticked. The resulting number, 644, may be slightly higher.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have you completed the interview?

Hi,

644 is still not writable, the only writable is 446 (public can read n write) or 646 (owner and public can read n write).
Do you think server doesn't recognize me as owner? In other words did I make mistake during the installation so server doesn't recognize me (I am not common sense with server world)

Or just leave those files with 446 or 646 attribut?

Thank you

(29-Oct-2011, 05:02 PM)iwede Wrote:  Hi,

644 is still not writable, the only writable is 446 (public can read n write) or 646 (owner and public can read n write).
Do you think server doesn't recognize me as owner? In other words did I make mistake during the installation so server doesn't recognize me (I am not common sense with server world)

Or just leave those files with 446 or 646 attribut?

Thank you

I am able to modify (replace and/or edit) all the files with 644 attributes via filezilla, but can't modify the same files via admin panel, for example, I can't add some words on spam_words.txt via commentics admin panel. Must be done/edited via filezilla instead

Hi,

I don't recommend allowing the public to write to any of the files. This would be a security risk.

If it's not possible to set write permissions for the owner only then I suggest leaving the files as 644 and editing them with FileZilla.

The important parts of the script will work fine.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
13-Apr-2011, 08:54 PM