This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Database Connections

Hi, I've been experimenting an http 500 error since I put commentics in my server. I asked my server hosting and says that I´ve more than 25 concurrently connections when this happen.
Since then im monitoring my data base connections and see that when a page with comments is requested its open more than 9 connections that keep sleep. Im doing something wrong or this happen with all users?
Thks in advance!

pd.: i put an attach with an snapshot of my data base connections

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So when you go to one page, that has comments, it opens up 9 database connections, which go to sleep and ties up connections? if so that is not good. I'm about to go live with this on my site, definately a show stopper if true. Hopefully that is not the case.

Hi,

Can you open comments/includes/db/connect.php and change the mysql_connect part to mysql_pconnect and post back with your results. This will open a persistent connection. You may need to change the file permissions of connect.php to be writable before editing it.

Have you completed the interview?

Does anyone know how to monitor how many connections you have on mysql in a shared hosting environment, I'm with hostgator and am only allowed 25 mysql connections. thanks

Hi Steven, i will try to do what you say and tell what happens!
thks in advance!

It didn´t work Sad Im having the same error

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Norbs
14-Jun-2011, 05:21 AM