This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Subscription

Hey guys,

First of all thanks for the great comment system, it saved me a lot of time coding something by myself!

I just had one minor problem when trying to run it: It seems to be very fussy about the whole subscription issue. In particular, if the user asks to be notified of replies:
* It forces users to check & confirm their email before commenting again
* Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but in my tests, when I comment a second time on the same page, I get an error saying that I'm already subscribed. I worked out that it means I need to manually untick the "notify me" box if I've posted before. But this seems like a very user-unfriendly way, expecting them to remember and untick.

Is there a solution to this?

(EDIT: Ideally, I just want them to tick the box and get notified of updates when updates are available, no confirmations or error messages. Is there a setting that allows this?)

Thanks again!

(11-Feb-2012, 02:04 AM)CaptainAlex Wrote:  Hey guys,

First of all thanks for the great comment system, it saved me a lot of time coding something by myself!

I just had one minor problem when trying to run it: It seems to be very fussy about the whole subscription issue. In particular, if the user asks to be notified of replies:
* It forces users to check & confirm their email before commenting again
* Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but in my tests, when I comment a second time on the same page, I get an error saying that I'm already subscribed. I worked out that it means I need to manually untick the "notify me" box if I've posted before. But this seems like a very user-unfriendly way, expecting them to remember and untick.

Is there a solution to this?

(EDIT: Ideally, I just want them to tick the box and get notified of updates when updates are available, no confirmations or error messages. Is there a setting that allows this?)

Thanks again!

I too would like a setting that allows my users to receive update notifications without having to confirm anything. Is this development in-process?

@skilife

No, it will always be Double Opt-in.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post