This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Comment data not writing to database

First, I want to agree with rentals, "...this is an awesome script... ." I have been learning/studying PhP for about two years and love studying well written code. Thank you.

I have installed commentics on my development site using the hide comments form modifications. There are two problems:

On the dynamic page the "Add Comment" button appears with "CMTX_FORM_HEADING" underneath. I have attached a screen shot showing the problem. You much click on the "CMTX_FORM_HEADING" to display the form.

Problem two, the comments data is not written to the database and displayed. When I display the comment form on the dynamic page without hiding, everything works correctly. I have found the line creating the "Add Comment" button in form.php but don't know how to correct it. And I don't know how to get the data to write to the database and display.

Many thanks for your assistance. I appreciate the help.

Jim

Hi,

Do you have this line in /comments/includes/language/english/form.php:

PHP Code:
<?php 
/* Heading */
define ('CMTX_FORM_HEADING', 'Add Comment');

Have you completed the interview?

(28-Mar-2012, 03:00 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

Do you have this line in /comments/includes/language/english/form.php:

PHP Code:
<?php 
/* Heading */
define ('CMTX_FORM_HEADING', 'Add Comment');

Hi Steven,

No, that line is not in /comments/includes/language/english/form.php.

Jim

Steven, I added the line to /comments/includes/language/english/form.php, and an "Add Comment" button appears where the "CMTX_FORM_HEADING" did appear. Now, there are two "Add Comment" buttons, one underneath the other. I experimented with removing each of these texts from form.php, but nothing changed. There are still two buttons. How can I remove the top button that does not do anything?

Jim

Steven, in the Admin-panel>Layout>Divider, in this line of code

<h3><a id="form" name="form" onclick="toggle_visibility('open_form');">Add Comment</a></h3>,

I deleted the Add Comment and eliminated the first Add Comment that did nothing. Is this the correct solution for the problem?

I really appreciate your patience and assistance.

Jim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
29-Sep-2021, 11:41 AM
Last Post by afoster
02-Aug-2020, 10:40 PM
Last Post by Steven
10-Jan-2018, 09:58 PM
Last Post by noblues
08-Mar-2015, 05:08 PM