This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

I think I broke the form.

When I fill in the form and click add comment, it next directs to a blank page. When I hit refresh the comment shows up. I sometimes will get double comments.

Also I need to be able to make these minor modifications.
Minor modifications

Here's the site.

wmckconst.com

Steven, I was hoping to get a response back today on this. I'm really close to finishing my uncles website and this is the last thing I need to modify. I wouldn't bother you if I new where to look for certain things.

When I fill in the form and click add comment, it next directs to a blank page.

It sounds like you've introduced a PHP error. I can't tell what it is from here. You'll have to check your server error logs and track it down.

I'd like to move both of these up or down without moving the form up or down.

I don't understand what you mean. It looks better when the two columns start at the same height, in which case remove "margin-top: -50px;" from the right column.

You can change the width of the comment field in Layout -> Form -> Sizes.

Moving the 'Sort By' links would require custom coding, as they are not meant to be displayed where you want them. You need to open the file comments/includes/template/comments.php and move the 'Sort By' code starting from line 367 and ending at line 423, to within the 'Average Rating' div which starts at line 428 and ends on line 499. If you do this then you won't need the "height_below_sort" div so you would remove that.

Have you completed the interview?

This is what the error log is spitting out. Also where can I change the font color of newest to oldest. The purple and blue doesn't really match the color of my page.

When I go to preview the comment, the comment box is extended. How can I make it look exactly like the other comment boxes?
Comment Preview

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_RfcComplianceException' with message 'Address in mailbox given [comments@http://wmckconst.com] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.' in /home/wmckcons/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php:308 Stack trace: #0 /home/wmckcons/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(238): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->_assertValidAddress('comments@http:/...') #1 /home/wmckcons/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(96): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->normalizeMailboxes(Array) #2 /home/wmckcons/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(60): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setNameAddresses(Array) #3 /home/wmckcons/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleMimeEntity.php(581): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setFieldBodyModel(Array) #4 /home/wmckcons/public_ht in /home/wmckcons/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 308
(10-May-2012, 09:17 PM)Steven Wrote:  When I fill in the form and click add comment, it next directs to a blank page.

It sounds like you've introduced a PHP error. I can't tell what it is from here. You'll have to check your server error logs and track it down.

I'd like to move both of these up or down without moving the form up or down.

I don't understand what you mean. It looks better when the two columns start at the same height, in which case remove "margin-top: -50px;" from the right column.

You can change the width of the comment field in Layout -> Form -> Sizes.

Moving the 'Sort By' links would require custom coding, as they are not meant to be displayed where you want them. You need to open the file comments/includes/template/comments.php and move the 'Sort By' code starting from line 367 and ending at line 423, to within the 'Average Rating' div which starts at line 428 and ends on line 499. If you do this then you won't need the "height_below_sort" div so you would remove that.

"comments@http://wmckconst.com" isn't a valid email address. I imagine you entered "http://wmckconst.com" for your domain in the Installer when you should have just entered "wmckconst.com". You will need to go to Settings -> Email -> Editor and for each email correct the 'From Email' and 'Reply Email' values.

The Newest and Oldest are just standard links. You can change the font colour of them by adding something like this in your stylesheet:

Code:
a:link {
color: blue;
}

a:visited {
}

a:active {
}

a:hover {
}

The preview box is that wide because that's the width that you set for the left column. I recommend that you temporarily use the border styling, as suggested before.

Try this for the left column:

Code:
float:left;width:430px;margin-left: 1px;border-style:solid;

And this for the right column:

Code:
float:left;width:400px;margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;

By the way, if you put the Sort By code inside the average_rating_block div then it will align correctly with the pagination links and you wouldn't need to use this:

Code:
.height_below_sort {
margin-bottom: -38px;
}

So it would look like this:
PHP Code:
<?php 
echo "<div class='average_rating_block'>";
//Sort By code here
echo "</div>";

Have you completed the interview?

Your a genius Steven. I know I've been asking a lot of questions lately and apologize for that. I don't anticipate anymore questions.

Thank you so much for your help.

(11-May-2012, 11:44 AM)Steven Wrote:  "comments@http://wmckconst.com" isn't a valid email address. I imagine you entered "http://wmckconst.com" for your domain in the Installer when you should have just entered "wmckconst.com". You will need to go to Settings -> Email -> Editor and for each email correct the 'From Email' and 'Reply Email' values.

The Newest and Oldest are just standard links. You can change the font colour of them by adding something like this in your stylesheet:

Code:
}

}

}

}

The preview box is that wide because that's the width that you set for the left column. I recommend that you temporarily use the border styling, as suggested before.

Code:

Code:

By the way, if you put the Sort By code inside the average_rating_block div then it will align correctly with the pagination links and you wouldn't need to use this:

Code:
.height_below_sort {
}

PHP Code:
<?php 
//Sort By code here
echo "</div>";

Steven, I added this code. Left side looks fine however the comments got moved to the bottom and there really long.

How page looks now

Quote:
Code:

Code:
Your a genius Steven. I know I've been asking a lot of questions lately and apologize for that. I don't anticipate anymore questions.

Thank you so much for your help.

(11-May-2012, 11:44 AM)Steven Wrote:  "comments@http://wmckconst.com" isn't a valid email address. I imagine you entered "http://wmckconst.com" for your domain in the Installer when you should have just entered "wmckconst.com". You will need to go to Settings -> Email -> Editor and for each email correct the 'From Email' and 'Reply Email' values.

Code:
}

}

}

}

Quote:
Code:

Code:

Code:
.height_below_sort {
}

PHP Code:
<?php 
//Sort By code here
echo "</div>";
[/quote]

You missed the ' at the end.