This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Customize wording of error message
Question 

Hi there! This is a great script. Thanks so much for developing it and making it open source. Smile

My question: I've been poking around in different files, and I can't find where I would change the text that appears in the error box, specifically, I would like to change, "Sorry but 1 error was found when processing your comment."

Can you advise? Thanks so much!

-Sara

Hi Sara,

You're welcome. The best way to find out where to edit the wording is to use the Text Finder tool in the admin panel (Tools -> Text Finder).

Try a search for "processing your comment" without the quotes. You should get 2 results.

The first result is for when there is a single error (like the one you posted) and the second result is for when there are multiple errors.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks, Steven! So it looks like I'll need to upgrade to the newest version (v2.0)? I'm a little behind at 1.8, and not seeing that menu option.

-Sara

Sorry I assumed because you were new to the forum that you were using the latest version.

In that case, I'll just tell you how.

In /comments/includes/language/english/processor.php, it's these four lines:

PHP Code:
<?php 
define
('CMTX_ERROR_NUMBER_PART_1', 'Sorry but ');
define ('CMTX_ERRORS_NUMBER_PART_1', 'Sorry but ');
define ('CMTX_ERROR_NUMBER_PART_2', ' error was found when processing your comment.');
define ('CMTX_ERRORS_NUMBER_PART_2', ' errors were found when processing your comment.');

The 1st and 3rd lines are used for a single error, and the 2nd and 4th lines are for multiple errors.

Have you completed the interview?

Perfect! Much appreciated!

-Sara

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Deparis
20-Jul-2014, 01:22 PM
Last Post by Steven
19-Apr-2012, 07:30 PM
Last Post by ppiper
13-Sep-2011, 09:58 AM
Last Post by breezy