This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Comments don't appear

I just downloaded version 2.1 and the insallation went fine. I set up one of the examples to test it and the comment form appears nicely. But when I fill it out and click "Add Comment", the comment form dissappears and there's no comment. The comments don't appear on the web page or in the Manage/Comments section of the control panel. Here's the link to the test page:

http://www.jldoty.com/comments/examples/example2.php

I went into the control panel and enabled error reporting and this is what I get when I do it again:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /big/dom/xjldoty/www/comments/includes/htmLawed/htmLawed.php on line 496

Any ideas?

Hi,

I've not seen this error before. It's from 'htmLawed' which is an externally developed script.

I checked that line of code and it seems okay to me. I can't replicate the error on the demo here but I can see the error on your site.

Did you edit that file at all? Can you try re-uploading it in case it was a bad upload.

Have you completed the interview?

I downloaded htmLawed.php from my site and ran fc on it for a comparison, and yes it had been changed. So I re-uploaded with FileZilla, and I still had the problem, but the new error message came from a module in /comments/includes/swift_mailer. Same problem, same fix, and again new and different error code.

I'm using Expression Web, and it apparently didn't like something, or changed something in a lot of the modules in /comments/includes/. So I did a full reinstall, but used FileZilla to upload the files and that appears to have fixed everything.

Expression Web does some HTML optimization on upload, mainly just minify type stuff, but it apparently had a problem with the syntax in several of the included modules. I'll just have to be careful not to use it to upload any updates.

By the way, this is a very nicely done script.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
06-Aug-2021, 06:50 PM
Last Post by Steven
27-Jul-2021, 07:12 PM
Last Post by clixcity
29-Jul-2020, 07:56 PM
Last Post by Steven
09-Jul-2018, 08:40 PM
Last Post by vkp
22-May-2017, 04:28 AM