This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Database deleted by Yahoo Engineers

The pages containing our comment script had been loading very slowly or not at all.... We contacted Yahoo, our webhost, and they, the engineers, 'Repaired' the database, which is to say completely deleted every posting we had (tens of thousands.) Now we cannot login to commentics and when we try to do a test posting, it does not show. This is the busy time of year for us and we are in the dark as to how to continue without completely re-installing everything. I am looking for an Angel who is willing to give advice.... Is our data lost? Is it recoverable? Steve, I am willing to give you access to our phpMyadmin if you are willing to look it over.... We had thousands of people who had posted needs............ Very frustrated.

Hi,

If you or Yahoo didn't make any database backups prior to their 'repair' then the data is lost.

If you can't log in to the admin panel then it appears that they did more to the database than deleting every post. I would start here.

Whatever they did, it seems very unprofessional. I would consider moving to a new host.

I would be happy to take a look at your database. You can either PM me or open a support ticket.

I'm going to be making some performance improvements in the next version as I've noticed that the Commentics demo is starting to get quite slow as well.

Have you completed the interview?

Steven, thank you for your reply! Yes, unprofessional to say the least. ALL data was lost, over 250,000 postings. We ended up having to re-install commentics, which now runs great. Love your script, not so in love with Yahoo right now.

(28-Nov-2012, 01:01 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

If you or Yahoo didn't make any database backups prior to their 'repair' then the data is lost.

If you can't log in to the admin panel then it appears that they did more to the database than deleting every post. I would start here.

Whatever they did, it seems very unprofessional. I would consider moving to a new host.

I would be happy to take a look at your database. You can either PM me or open a support ticket.

I'm going to be making some performance improvements in the next version as I've noticed that the Commentics demo is starting to get quite slow as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jim
29-Mar-2012, 12:17 AM