This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Sort By: missing

Steven, I don't think it's something I've done, but it may be something I'm overlooking in the admin Settings.

I went to one of my test Comments and noticed that the the "Sort by:" looked a bit barren. The drop down menu appears, but no text next to it. I search for the text and found it located in english/fields.php file as 'CMTX_FIELD_LABEL_SORT_BY'. However, the text isn't showing up on the Comment form.

I went into Line 382 of /includes/template/comment.php added "Sort by: " and now the text appears to the left of the drop down menu.

In admin Comments: Sort By is enabled.

Is this a bug, or is there something I'm overlooking?

The 'CMTX_FIELD_LABEL_SORT_BY' text is only meant to be used in the admin panel, specifically the 'Layout -> Comments -> Enabled' page.

The 'Sort By' menu on the frontend isn't meant to have any text next to it, so what you saw is normal and not a bug.

But I'll take it on board that you think it's better with text next to it.

Have you completed the interview?

(18-Apr-2013, 03:12 PM)Steven Wrote:  The 'CMTX_FIELD_LABEL_SORT_BY' text is only meant to be used in the admin panel, specifically the 'Layout -> Comments -> Enabled' page.

The 'Sort By' menu on the frontend isn't meant to have any text next to it, so what you saw is normal and not a bug.

But I'll take it on board that you think it's better with text next to it.

LOL. Thanks. I didn't think it was something you overlooked and was really convinced that just maybe it was something I'd done or overlooked.

Thanks. Here is a link to one of my pages that has a comment and the "Sort by:" text next to it:
http://www.thomas-n-ruth.com/ascii-character-codes.html

Thanks again Steven.

It looks good.

I noticed that you changed the admin reply styling. I think that's something which needs to be done because it's a little plain as it is by default.

What were your thoughts on this?
http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthre...49#pid4149

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
07-Oct-2014, 07:53 PM