This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Tabbed Comment/Article Problem

I have just installed v1.3 into a Zen Cart here: www.saxonwebsites.co.uk but have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help with. The standard Zen Cart add-on is designed to integrate Commentics into the product info pages which was no good for my purpose. I wanted Commentics to be integrated with stand alone articles and my setup looks good with the exception of this annoying problem that I can't get to the bottom of.

I'm using a simple java tab script so the customer can select either the article or view/add comments via a second tab. It appears though that once the comments tab is selected on one page, it is selected on all pages. If the visitor checks out the comments and leaves the page with the comments tab selected, all further pages show the comments tab and not the intended articles. I have discounted the tabbed script as being the source of the problem because I am using the same script on my main page without Commentics and do not have this problem.

I'm thinking it is something to do with cookies maybe, not sure. Has anyone had this problem or can anyone shed some light as to where I should look for a solution - I really do like Commentics and would like it left on-board if possible. Undecided

Hi Dave,

If you remove the Commentics integration code from your stand alone articles do the tabs work as you expect?

I see that you have the JavaScript tab script on your main page but it's a different tab structure to your stand alone articles so it's not a good example to compare against.

The JavaScript tab script is setting a cookie called 'simpleTabsCookie'. I'm not familiar with that script but maybe you can set an option for it not to remember the last selected tab across all pages.

Have you completed the interview?

(04-Jan-2014, 04:39 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi Dave,

If you remove the Commentics integration code from your stand alone articles do the tabs work as you expect?

I see that you have the JavaScript tab script on your main page but it's a different tab structure to your stand alone articles so it's not a good example to compare against.

The JavaScript tab script is setting a cookie called 'simpleTabsCookie'. I'm not familiar with that script but maybe you can set an option for it not to remember the last selected tab across all pages.

Steven, you are a diamond mate - thank you! I went into the tab script javascript file and commented out the 'set cookie' .... works great now. Commentics looks great and is just what I've been looking for - congratulations on a lovely bit (or should I say, lots) of work - a nice bit of kit for sure. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by mtnlvy
06-Jan-2019, 06:29 PM