This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Lost all comments on my site

I'm using Commentics on my TNG site. I just noticed that all the comments entered on my site have disappeared. How do I reclaim them? I don't remember ever backing them up. Thanks!

Have you tried this FAQ? http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...article=15

Do the comments appear in the admin panel (Manage -> Comments)?

Were you, or your host, making any changes at the time that they disappeared?

Can you post a link to a page on your website where you expect the comments to appear?

Have you completed the interview?

Yes, I've tried the KB. There is no error reporting. I d/l'ed the raw access file, and don't know what to look for. I can forward it if that will help.

Yes, the comments all appear in the admin panel.

No changes have been made to my knowledge, but I don't know when the problem really occurred. I just happened to notice it today.

Here's a link. Each individual person should have a place to enter comments. There is none now. This individual should have a couple comments posted on this page: http://wheeler-roots.org/getperson.php?p...6&tree=001

Thanks for your help!!

Gene
==============

Okay so it looks like Commentics isn't being included into the page, or if it is, there's a PHP error somewhere which is stopping the script before it can output anything to display on the screen.

The first thing to try would be to take a close look at the integration code to make sure that it's there and that it looks okay.

If it does then there will be a PHP error somewhere. There should be one in the Apache raw error log. The Apache raw access log unfortunately won't help. If there are no errors in the log at all then there might be an issue with your server's error logging set up, in which case your host can fix that.

What you might try is adding some random text at the top of /comments/includes/commentics.php

If the random text displays on your website then you know that the integration code is correctly loading the file.

OK, thanks for your help! I'll check it all out. I appreciate you patience on this.

Gene

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
06-Aug-2021, 06:50 PM
Last Post by Steven
27-Jul-2021, 07:12 PM
Last Post by clixcity
29-Jul-2020, 07:56 PM
Last Post by Steven
09-Jul-2018, 08:40 PM
Last Post by vkp