This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Server path integration

Hi
Apologies in advance as I see this topic has been covered here previously. The answers don't work for me unfortunately. Here is the error message returned by my web page:

Warning: require(/los_gigantes_restaurants/task/task.php/comments/includes/commentics.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/stevelgm/public_html/los_gigantes_restaurants/task/task.php on line 406

I should point out that that I have tried the '../' and multiple '../' with no success.

Any help would be great, thank you.

Hi,

So your page is here ..

yourdomain.com/los_gigantes_restaurants/task/task.php

and Commentics is here ..

yourdomain.com/comments/

If that's right, this should work:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_path
= '../../comments/';

If that doesn't work, what about this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_path
= '/public_html/comments/';

Have you completed the interview?

Hi Steven
Thank you for the quick reply. You are correct about the file hierarchy but I have tried both of those php code permutations over the past two days. They do not work unfortunately.

Sorry I'm not sure what the correct path is. Fortunately it's quite a generic issue. By that I mean it's not very specific to the Commentics script, but rather a general problem with determining what the correct path is between two locations on your server. Due to this, your host might be the best people to ask, or maybe somewhere like Stack Overflow.

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ben
24-Aug-2023, 02:16 AM
Last Post by nsuomine
20-Jan-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post by Steven
23-Jan-2019, 02:07 PM
Last Post by news
18-Dec-2017, 09:15 AM