This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

error message Fatal error: Call to undefined function cmtx_db_num_rows() in /home/con

After installing / trying to integrate I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function cmtx_db_num_rows() in /home/confortu/public_html/comm/includes/db/connect.php on line 66
(after this error the whole page is blank and the php code is not displaying the page ... see here: www.confortul.ro/curs_contabil.php)

After a google search I suspect that has something to do with my php installation ... unfortunately i have the site hosted by a hosting provider and can not access the php install folder.
If this is the case ... can someone help me with some sort of workaround or with what should I ask my hosting provider for?
My php programming level is quite low ... so be patient with this one please Smile)

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

This is a script error so isn't related to your hosting. You're going to need FTP access to the script to resolve it. Check that the file /upload/includes/db/functions.php exists and that the function cmtx_db_num_rows() is inside it. It might be worth re-uploading that file just in case it was corrupted during the initial transfer.

Have you completed the interview?

the function is called here (in connect php) like this:

Code:
if (cmtx_db_num_rows(cmtx_db_query("SHOW TABLES LIKE '" . $cmtx_mysql_table_prefix . "comments'")) == 0) {
    if (defined('CMTX_IN_ADMIN')) {
        cmtx_db_error_table();
        $cmtx_db_ok = false;
        return;
    } else if (defined('CMTX_IN_INSTALLER')) {
    } else {
        cmtx_db_error_general();
        $cmtx_db_ok = false;
        return;
    }
}

and it is defined in functions php like this:

Code:
function cmtx_db_num_rows($resource) {

$result = mysqli_num_rows($resource);

return $result;

} //end of db-num-rows function

... any ideas ???

In /upload/includes/db/connect.php, replace this line of code:

PHP Code:
<?php 
require_once 'functions.php'; //load database functions

With the code from /upload/includes/db/functions.php.

WOW !!! It worked !!! THANKS !!! Any idea why the require_once was not working in the code for me ??

I'm not sure to be honest. It must have found the file, otherwise it would have shown a different error, but for some reason it didn't include the code from it.

ok than. once again thank you for the solution. problem solved this thread can be closed!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MattyP
11-Apr-2020, 08:08 PM
Last Post by CommiC
13-Aug-2012, 09:16 PM