This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Integration error message, need help.

Hi,
I followed the installation and integration guides, twice. After the first time failed, I deleted everything, and reinstalled everything and went through the integration guide again. I'm still getting the same error. So, a few questions.

1. Do the php pages on which I am using the commentics script have to be located within the commentics folder on my site?

2. Can anyone help with this error message?

Warning: require(/public_html/comments/includes/commentics.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aglutenf/public_html/comtest.php on line 187

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/public_html/comments/includes/commentics.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/aglutenf/public_html/comtest.php on line 187

With the warning - this is where I am getting a little confused. I checked and the commentics.php IS in the includes folder, which is in the comments folder (renamed from "upload) which is in my public_html folder. So, I don't know why it can't find it.

As for the no such file or directory - they are right...the comtest.php page (which is just a page to test the script) is not in the same subdirectory as the commentics script. So, I tried placing the comtest.php script IN the 'includes' folder, but still got the same error.

I'm almost (but not 100%) certain my error is coming from step 3 of the integration process. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

We're told to copy this code:

<?php
$cmtx_identifier = '1';
$cmtx_reference = 'Page One';
$cmtx_path = 'upload/';
require $cmtx_path . 'includes/commentics.php'; //don't edit this line
?>

Change the identifier. I did. It's now test.
Change the Reference. I did. It's now Gluten Free Pantry
Change the path. I did. It's now /public_html/comments/

So my section looks like this:
<?php
$cmtx_identifier = 'test';
$cmtx_reference = 'Gluten Free Pantry';
$cmtx_path = '/public_html/comments/';
require $cmtx_path . 'includes/commentics.php'; //don't edit this line
?>

As for steps 1 and 2 - Step 1, I have the line of code at the start of my page HTML. The very start. Triple checked that.

Step 2 My charset was already utf-8 so I left it alone.

Interesting Note: When setting up the admin panel, I set my email address and tested it. I don't get an email, instead I get a Mailed Delivery System Failed. My email is correct though. I mention this in case it might be part of the problem.

Thank you for ANY help, I do appreciate it.

Hi,

The pages that you integrate Commentics into should never be within the Commentics folder.

The value of the $cmtx_path variable should be the relative path from the file that you're integrating Commentics into to the Commentics folder. With your setup it would be 'comments/'. If that doesn't work then the following might:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_path
= str_replace('\\', '/', realpath(__DIR__)) . '/comments/';

The email issue isn't related. Check whether you're using the correct transport method for your server. You can find this in the admin panel in 'Settings -> Email -> Setup' in the 'Method' section. It might be that you need to use SMTP. Also go to the 'Sender' section and make sure that the 'From Email' and 'Reply Email' have your domain name.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks, Steven. I appreciate the help. I'll attempt the changes and let you know. Thanks to the Devs for the script, by the way.
Wink 

Thank you so much. It worked. I had a duh moment with it being a relative path. Appreciate the help! I'm rather embarrassed. Blush

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ben
24-Aug-2023, 02:16 AM
Last Post by nsuomine
20-Jan-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post by MattyP
11-Apr-2020, 08:08 PM
Last Post by Steven
23-Jan-2019, 02:07 PM