This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Error in Smarty compiler in cms

Great program (almost) works perfect ...

I'm getting errors in my cms:

Strict Standards: Non-static method esynLayout::printListingUrl() cannot be called statically in ..../public_html/includes/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 778

Several other modules stop working.
Switch off the Commentics removes the error.

Seems that it has something to do with the internal Smarty compiler, but that is as far as I came.

Anyone got any idea what to do to make this right?

Thanks

I've removed all modules from the page that ended in an error.

Now, when sending a comment, Commentics ends in a massive error like:

Code:
Notice: Undefined index: smtp_encryption in /home/dvdr/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/comments/includes/classes/settings.php on line 43

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_RfcComplianceException' with message 'Address in mailbox given [-valid email address-] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.' in /home/dvdr/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php:319 Stack trace: #0 /home/dvdr/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(238): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->_assertValidAddress('-valid email address-') #1 /home/dvdr/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(96): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->normalizeMailboxes(Array) #2 /home/dvdr/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(60): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setNameAddresses(Array) #3 /home/dvdr/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleMimeEntity.php(581): Swi in /home/dvdr/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/comments/includes/swift_mailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 319

All configured email addresses (as also mentioned in the error message) are correct and valid.

I have no clue but have spent several hours now to get this to work.
Someone has an idea?

Hi,

Sorry about that error.

Can you open /comments/includes/swift_mailer/create.php (line 34)

Replace:

PHP Code:
<?php 
} else if ($cmtx_settings->smtp_encryption == "tls") {

With:

PHP Code:
<?php 
} else if ($cmtx_settings->smtp_encrypt == "tls") {

Have you completed the interview?

(31-Jul-2012, 03:56 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

Sorry about that error.

Can you open /comments/includes/swift_mailer/create.php (line 34)

Replace:

PHP Code:
<?php 
} else if ($cmtx_settings->smtp_encryption == "tls") {

With:

PHP Code:
<?php 
} else if ($cmtx_settings->smtp_encrypt == "tls") {

The errors are gone and everything is almost working as it should. Thank you.

One last question though, where do I approve comments? :-)
They're in the list in admin labeled as not approved, but no options to approve?

Thanks
JohN

(13-Aug-2012, 06:56 PM)CommiC Wrote:  One last question though, where do I approve comments? :-)
They're in the list in admin labeled as not approved, but no options to approve?

Hi JohN,

See here : http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=626

Meanwhile you can approve them by editing the comment, there you can switch the approval status.

Cheers,
pier

Hi JohN,
See here : http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=626
Meanwhile you can approve them by editing the comment, there you can switch the approval status.

Cheers,
pier
[/quote]

Yep, got it. Sorry, seemed a rtfm question :-)
Starting to get the hang of it and it looks great!

Thanks
JohN

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MattyP
11-Apr-2020, 08:08 PM
Last Post by news
18-Dec-2017, 09:15 AM
Last Post by Steven
25-Apr-2014, 10:24 PM