This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Margins/Padding of form or width of comments boxes

(04-Oct-2014, 09:19 PM)Steven Wrote:  I've looked at your page again and you haven't added the ".cmtx_container" code on either of the links you sent me. You have added ".cmtx_container a" and ".cmtx_container img" but that won't work as it only targets links and images. In fact those are actually ruining the styling of those elements. I know you've said that you've added the ".cmtx_container" code and that it didn't work but I'm certain that it will work so please can you add it so I can see it not working. You've added it to the file that you've attached but that file is not the same file on your website.

My bad, I uploaded the css file to the wrong directory om my server.
It seems to be working now! Many thanks Stevens!

(04-Oct-2014, 09:32 PM)Steven Wrote:  You have some odd characters at the very beginning of your /upload/rss.php file. Try placing your cursor at the very beginning of the file and press the delete button a few times to get rid of them.

I dont find any odd characters in the beginning (do you mean in the file?)
Its already saved as UTF-8.

Looks like this:

<?php
/*
Copyright © 2009-2014 Commentics Development Team [commentics.org]
License: GNU General Public License v3.0
http://www.commentics.org/license/

Btw, when changing colors of the comment box you see a white border around the smileys. Is it supposed to be looking that way or am I missing something in the css?

No it's not supposed to look that way. It's because the smilies aren't really designed to be used on dark backgrounds. If I remember I think someone once posted some optimized versions of the smilies here on the forum. You could search for them or use your own if you wanted.

About the RSS issue, it's difficult to say what the exact problem is because it seems to be related to file encoding or a bad upload, neither of which I can determine without access to your site. Try re-uploading the file from a fresh download of Commentics but if that doesn't work then I would need FTP details to help any further. You can submit your FTP details here:

http://www.commentics.org/support/index.php?a=add

Have you completed the interview?

Tried re-uploading the RSS-file but it doesn't seem to work unfortunately.  Sad
Worth mentioning is that I also have the extractor-add on on the server as well, if thats effecting it in some way?

Looked at the source code  of the uploaded rss.php and it looks like this in the beginning: ....<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rss version="2.0">

Is the dots supposed to be there?
Is there some other files that I could try replacing like the /db/connect.php /bootstrap/functions.php /bootstrap/language.php in order to get it to work?
Could it be something with the htacess-file? Theres one in the upload folder and one in the includes folder.

# Secure .htaccess files
<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

# Deny everything
Deny from all

I´ve noticed that some times when making changes in the css it usually takes a few minutes(even if you remove the cookies) for it to get updated on my server.

Found the optimized smilies in this thread:
http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthre...ht=smilies

Thanks

Attached Files
.php rss.php Size: 4.12 KB  Downloads: 14

I'm sorry but I'll need FTP access to help any further with this issue.

Deleting cookies won't affect the CSS. That's the cache. Press Ctrl + F5 to clear the cache.

Have you completed the interview?

Oh I mean the cache, cleared all web history files, still it takes some time before you see the effect of the changes.
What will you check for if i give you ftp access? I can send you the files so you can check? Why do you need ftp access, is it really safe for me to give away this information?

However I dont think I need the RSS for this site at the moment anyway. As Im using the script for product reviews.
So I just disabled it for now. But would be intresting to know what causes the problem. Or if I would like to use it for another site.
I think it worked the first time I tried this script though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by emmanuel505
24-Jul-2021, 11:55 PM
Last Post by nimand
25-Jan-2018, 06:30 PM
Last Post by besric
03-Mar-2016, 10:22 PM
Last Post by somalimuzic
18-Apr-2015, 05:27 PM
Last Post by aercan
05-Dec-2014, 10:44 AM