This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

BB Code problems

I'm having this same problem... I can't find where I have any double instances of JQuery being called and I tried replacing the head.php with the one you attached for the other user. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Can you provide a link to your page so that I can determine what's happening? You can PM me it if you want.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks for the PM. Can you try the head.php file again from post #4 of this thread? It doesn't look like you're currently using it.

Yeah, I had taken it back out since it didn't work... I replaced it again if you want to check it out again...

Okay so Commentics is now loading jQuery (v1.11.2). The issue is that you're loading jQuery another two times much lower down in your source code:

jQuery v1.10.2
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

jQuery v1.9.0
<script src="scripts/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

The solution would be to either remove those two at the bottom so they'll use the jQuery provided by Commentics or to move them above Commentics and put the head.php file back to how it was so that Commentics will detect that jQuery is already loaded and won't attempt to load it. I think the first way is best. If you do the second way then I recommend getting rid of one of them (ideally the oldest, v1.9.0).

Sweet! I removed both of the JQuery call references you mentioned and Commentics works perfect now. One of them I removed was for my main navigation menu. I thought for sure it would break, but it seems to be working fine. I'm not exactly sure what the other one was for (bootstrap most likely), but everything else seems fine...

JQuery is all new to me, so i'm a little confused about how my navigation menu (and whatever else) is still working now, because it is no longer referencing a specific JQuery. Are these scripts (like Commentics) programmed to automatically search for and use whatever JQuery is available anywhere on the domain or what? If that's the case I bet I could remove some other JQuery references and cut down on some requests, yeah?

Either way, I can see I made a wise decision when I decided to php include all of my head and end of body references instead of having them all on the pages. The php includes for my blog are separate from the php includes I reference on the rest of the site, too. Pretty good thinking in my opinion... >8>)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by homa
10-Dec-2015, 07:19 AM
Last Post by angeljs
28-May-2012, 11:19 AM