This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

problem with google.

Hi

i got this today from google.

Unfortunately, Google can’t display rich snippets for your site because of the following issue:

Your marked-up review uses “votes” instead of “count”. “count” specifies the total number of reviews for an item. “votes” specifies the number of people who provided a rating, with or without an accompanying review. A site can specify count or votes, or both.

Hi,

That's strange. The error message is correct that Commentics uses "votes" and not "count". However it also says that it's fine to specify only the "votes". If I go to the Rich Snippets testing tool and enter the URL of the demo ( http://www.commentics.org/demo.php ) it doesn't complain about anything. Have you modified the code or tried to add extra mark-up? If so, please provide the URL of your page so that I can see what's wrong with your custom changes.

Have you completed the interview?

I can't find that error message anywhere else on the Internet. Well, apart from on the X-Cart forum where you also posted it. I can find the error 'Your marked-up review uses “count” instead of “votes"', but that's not what you have. So, as you're the only person with this error, and it makes no sense, I think you should ask them.

http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin...s_feedback

Hi, i sent a PM with my link, i did ask them, and thats what they said in the email. and it all is ok when i test it with the google tool as well. must be something somewhere.

Okay, it's perfectly valid to use "votes" and not "count". There's no need to use "count". The docs for Rich Snippets is really clear about that. Their testing tool says it's okay. Whoever sent you that email has got their wires mixed up. I imagine that there *is* something somewhere which is causing an issue, but the issue is not with using "votes" instead of "count". You do have a lot of extra mark-up on your page, and you even have the mark-up for the average rating repeated twice. I would start there.

I suggest don't use the "vote", that will get not show in google.com

Can you explain how it's not shown in Google? See screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post