This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

strange problems with search,pages and sorting

I must have done s.th. wrong. Suddenly I noticed this when I look at the comments:
  • I click on pageination, e.g. page 3 but nothing happens. Only the first site is shown.
  • I click on newest, oldest, dislikes and so on but only the latest comment is shown.
  • I enter a search term but nothing happens.
Do you have any hints for me what I could look for to find these errors? Maybe I have just s.th. wrong in settings or s.th.

Thank you very much. Again Exclamation

uran235

Hi can you post a link to the page or PM me it?

Have you completed the interview?

Thank you. I pm you my site. I feel to much ashamed for it Blush

I also noticed that if I post a comment, it does not appear at once but only after refreshing with F5

Basically all of those features (pagination, sort-by, search and post-comment) use the same method of getting the comments. And for some reason that method is returning an empty string on your website. The only reason I can think of is that the method uses output buffering and so it might be that you've changed something on your server which is preventing it from working. Have you recently enabled gzip compression or anything like that?

Also I notice you're using Bootstrap and that it's causing a few display problems with Commentics. I'm currently working on making Bootstrap and Commentics work better with each other. Is it okay if I send you an updated stylesheet for you to use and to let me know if it improves how everything looks on your page?

WOW -of course that is okay with me!! I will try out and test it with pleasure.

I just noticed this error log in the admin section. It is a very old "who is online" script. If this is the reason I have no problem to use another or just delete this ip.php-file.
Code:
19-Jan-2017 06:17:01 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in htdocs//ip.php on line 66
[19-Jan-2017 06:17:01 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: user_high in htdocs/ip.php on line 123

Great, I'll send you the stylesheet later today.

I don't think your ip.php file is the reason but you could temporarily remove it to check. I think it's more likely that something on your server has changed to do with compression.

1. Have you recently enabled gzip compression or anything like that? For example have you edited your website's .htaccess file to try to improve the speed using caching etc?
2. Did it used to work? If so, what kind of changes were you making at the time?
3. Have you modified the /frontend/controller/main/comments.php file?
4. Have you modified the /frontend/view/default/template/main/comments.tpl file?

I checked the phpinfo-file and it says:
gzip compression enabled

It was not me who did this,tho I suppose. Should it be disabled? And if yes, is it possible via .htaccess?

2. I am not sure.
3 & 4: No. I left everything as it is. I just turned of this session-thing because of this security-token-message.

P.S. I checked the ip.php-file. You were completely right.

Okay I'll need access to your site to figure out the exact issue. If you send me FTP details I'd be happy to check it out further.

Cool. You get a pm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
10-Mar-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post by Steven
23-Feb-2014, 06:13 PM