This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Disabling login for admin panel

How would I disable login for the admin panel?

The login can't be disabled. There's no setting to turn it off. Why do you want to disable it?

Have you completed the interview?

I need to reset the pw , but email is not sent to me.  However, i got around the problem by entering a new pw in the backend after encrypting it in php

Okay so the best solution would be to resolve how you didn't receive the reset password email.

Now that you have admin area access, you could try going through these..

https://www.commentics.org/support/knowl...article=25

Hi,
I am trying to do a practice run on my computer to upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0. Before doing it, I checked the email setting and I did receive a test email, on condition the transport method was smtp. So I left it that way.

Now the upgrade seemed to go well, but I can't reset the password because I don't receive any email, and so I don't have access to the admin area. I checked the details on the link you mentioned, but I can't login, so there's little I can do...

My question is: could this happen on my website when I upgrade? I checked the email there too, and it works (with PHP).

Hi,

It's hard to say if the same will happen when you upgrade on your live site. It's possible it won't, especially if your local environment is different to your live one. The email settings were one of the things I made an effort to retain so that this exact thing wouldn't happen. If it does happen, there are a couple of things you can do. Firstly you can try manually resetting the password in the database by following this link (I've just re-published this in case you were wondering why you couldn't find it). Secondly you can check in the database that your email settings look okay. To do this you would go to the Settings table, click the Search tab, type 'email' in the Category field and after searching you should see all your email related settings. If your live site is using the standard PHP mail method then many of the settings won't matter. Just make sure the 'transport_method' one is set to 'php'.

Great! Following your instructions, I could manually reset the password and check that everything was right in Settings/system. I also checked the database.
Thanks for your help!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Harry
08-Apr-2018, 09:40 AM
Last Post by Steven
20-Aug-2017, 01:09 PM
Last Post by Steven
30-Mar-2012, 02:49 PM